30rnd Mag????????

When i bought my saiga it came it a 30rnd mag like the ont in the pic an if its foriegn i need to get rid of it so just wanted to know if anyone can tell me where it was made.Thanx

Tha mag thats in the saiga is the one in talkn bout on the back side of the mag thats by the mag release it has a thin peice of metal that runs down tha hole mag it actually sit out about a 8th of an inch from the mag ???????Thanx again

Chances are its probably foreign made. I don't know of anyone making 30rd magazines in the US.

Pro-Mag and Mold-Master(spelling?) make 30 round 7.62x39 AK mags here in the US. Those mags in the picture are most likely milsurp foreign mags.

Why do you need to get rid of it? You did a full conversion, right? So your handguard, pistol grip and FCG give you 5 compliance parts - which is all you need. So you should be able to use any magazine you want without worry.

FWIW, all of those mags in the picture are foreign. The best you could hope for (and not very likely) is that the followers and floor plates were replaced with US-made parts. The one in the rifle looks like a typical eastern European style...can't really tell about the other three. But Nalioth pointed out, only ProMags and Mold Master are made in the US -- and they are polymer bodies, not steel like the ones in your picture.

Jim

Edited by Navy87Guy
Why do you need to get rid of it? You did a full conversion, right? So your handguard, pistol grip and FCG give you 5 compliance parts - which is all you need. So you should be able to use any magazine you want without worry.

FWIW, all of those mags in the picture are foreign. The best you could hope for (and not very likely) is that the followers and floor plates were replaced with US-made parts. The one in the rifle looks like a typical eastern European style...can't really tell about the other three. But Nalioth pointed out, only ProMags and Mold Master are made in the US -- and they are polymer bodies, not steel like the ones in your picture.

Jim

No I didnt do a full conversion i got a 30rnd pro-mag and got the ACE folding stock with the pistol grip?
Ah, okay. I thought that was your rifle in the picture, too.

Well, you can always hold onto the EE mag until you get around to the full conversion -- which you will. Eventually! :D

Jim

U R Probably Right,LOL! But thats a good idea as well thanx