Tancredo for Pres08. Anyone have info on this guy?

I was given a pamphlet at the last fun show that said, "It's your country. Take it back.", and was told that he's VERY gun friendly. Very big on border security, and no amnesty to illegals. Let parents choose where their kids are educated through a voucher program.

Has a website: www.teamtancredo.com

Anyone have more info on him? Racegal?

Edited by cscharlie

ah politics. :ded:

everything you were told sounds accurate from what i've seen/read of the guy. he's a solid candidate and i would vote for him if he got the nomination.

personally, i prefer Ron Paul. they both have the same stances on the 2nd Amendment and immigration.

as for education, Dr. Paul prefers to let the states handle almost everything (everything the Constitution doesn't say the Federal Gov't can do - which is a lot) at the local level.

i also think Dr. Paul has more political experience and a long-standing record of integrity and backing up his talk with votes. for example he has never voted to raise (his own) Congressional pay (he's like the only "nay" vote lol) or taxes.

anyway if you like Tancredo, and that's definately a good thing, you should also check out Ron. www.ronpaul2008.com they actually have a lot in common, including that they both served with/under Reagan and they are both true Conservatives, not Neo-Cons like most of the rest of the Republicans these days.

i had posted something about him and the 2nd Amendment a while ago:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=17478

great quote from him on the 2nd and a link to the interview it came from.

I was given a pamphlet at the last fun show that said, "It's your country. Take it back.", and was told that he's VERY gun friendly. Very big on border security, and no amnesty to illegals. Let parents choose where their kids are educated through a voucher program.

I don't know Tancredo's stance on gun control but he's the man when it comes to border control. But generally speaking, governor's make better presidents. Not saying I wouldn't vote for the man. I kinda like Thompsan too. But we have a year to explore. And that is something I plan on doing alot of when the vote gets near.

BTW, if Tancredo is elected, THERE WILL BE NO AMNESTYY! Period. I get regular emails from him. He hasn't changed his stance one bit.

ah politics. :ded:

everything you were told sounds accurate from what i've seen/read of the guy. he's a solid candidate and i would vote for him if he got the nomination.

personally, i prefer Ron Paul. they both have the same stances on the 2nd Amendment and immigration.

as for education, Dr. Paul prefers to let the states handle almost everything (everything the Constitution doesn't say the Federal Gov't can do - which is a lot) at the local level.

i also think Dr. Paul has more political experience and a long-standing record of integrity and backing up his talk with votes. for example he has never voted to raise (his own) Congressional pay (he's like the only "nay" vote lol) or taxes.

anyway if you like Tancredo, and that's definately a good thing, you should also check out Ron. www.ronpaul2008.com they actually have a lot in common, including that they both served with/under Reagan and they are both true Conservatives, not Neo-Cons like most of the rest of the Republicans these days.

i had posted something about him and the 2nd Amendment a while ago:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=17478

great quote from him on the 2nd and a link to the interview it came from.

I couldn't vote for the man. He calls for immediate troop withdrawl. I cannot, will not, support that. The troops sure don't and I'm not voting against them. Other than that, he sounds pretty good. But that issue is too big for me to vote against.

I couldn't vote for the man. He calls for immediate troop withdrawl. I cannot, will not, support that. The troops sure don't and I'm not voting against them. Other than that, he sounds pretty good. But that issue is too big for me to vote against.

yes he does want to pull the troops out, but he's not an idiot and he knows it has to be done safely as well as not leave Iraq a mess or we'll be screwed. one thing he said during one of the debates that i really agreed with was that it wasn't the US military's job to police the streets. that's the police's job and we should let/force the Iraqi police to do it instead of putting our servicemen and women in danger every day, exposing them to bombs, snipers, etc.

anyway, we've talked about this before Racegal and i can't argue with what you say. he does want to leave Iraq. if that's a "no vote" for you then that's your choice and more power to ya. i'm just not so sure you're 100% correct about the troops not wanting to leave (but i understand that the ones you know personally want to stay). here's an interesting stat for ya to think about from the reported 2nd quarter campaign fundraising though: Ron Paul is the candidate with the most contributions from all branches of our armed forces (individually and collectively). seems to me that maybe there is some support for leaving amongst our soldiers. either that or his stances on other issues vs. everyone else's are enough for them to overlook his lack of support for the war to see one of the few honest and constitutional politicans left in our country.

NAME: TOTAL [ARMY] [NAVY] [AIRFORCE] [VETERAN]

RON PAUL: 23,465 [6,975] [6,765] [4,650] [5,075]

McCain: 15,825 [6925] [6305] [1795] [800]

Romney: 3,551 [2,051] [0] [1500] [0]

Rudy: 2,320 [1,450] [370] [250] [250]

Hunter: 1000 [0] [1000] [0] [0]

Richardson: 800 [50] [750] [0] [0]

Huckabee: 750 [250] [0] [500] [0]

Tancredo: 350 [350] [0] [0] [0]

Brownback: 71 [71] [0] [0] [0]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070715/ap_on_...cV885iw4gOyFz4D

http://query.nictusa.com/pres/2007/Q2/C004..._C00432914.html (from fec.gov)

and here's something that might be interesting to you cscharlie:

JBS.org (whatever, i've never heard of them before either but i guess they've been tracking and rating politicians by how closely they follow the tenets of the Constitution - if that great document means anything to anyone anymore - for 35 years) recently gave Ron Paul a 100% ranking. only one other politician (senator Tom Coburn of OK) received a 100%. Tancredo got a 67%, so there is another difference between the two.

http://www.jbs.org/files/fi-110-1.pdf

yes he does want to pull the troops out, but he's not an idiot and he knows it has to be done safely as well as not leave Iraq a mess or we'll be screwed. one thing he said during one of the debates that i really agreed with was that it wasn't the US military's job to police the streets. that's the police's job and we should let/force the Iraqi police to do it instead of putting our servicemen and women in danger every day, exposing them to bombs, snipers, etc.

anyway, we've talked about this before Racegal and i can't argue with what you say. he does want to leave Iraq. if that's a "no vote" for you then that's your choice and more power to ya. i'm just not so sure you're 100% correct about the troops not wanting to leave (but i understand that the ones you know personally want to stay). here's an interesting stat for ya to think about from the reported 2nd quarter campaign fundraising though: Ron Paul is the candidate with the most contributions from all branches of our armed forces (individually and collectively). seems to me that maybe there is some support for leaving amongst our soldiers. either that or his stances on other issues vs. everyone else's are enough for them to overlook his lack of support for the war to see one of the few honest and constitutional politicans left in our country.

NAME: TOTAL [ARMY] [NAVY] [AIRFORCE] [VETERAN]

RON PAUL: 23,465 [6,975] [6,765] [4,650] [5,075]

McCain: 15,825 [6925] [6305] [1795] [800]

Romney: 3,551 [2,051] [0] [1500] [0]

Rudy: 2,320 [1,450] [370] [250] [250]

Hunter: 1000 [0] [1000] [0] [0]

Richardson: 800 [50] [750] [0] [0]

Huckabee: 750 [250] [0] [500] [0]

Tancredo: 350 [350] [0] [0] [0]

Brownback: 71 [71] [0] [0] [0]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070715/ap_on_...cV885iw4gOyFz4D

http://query.nictusa.com/pres/2007/Q2/C004..._C00432914.html (from fec.gov)

and here's something that might be interesting to you cscharlie:

JBS.org (whatever, i've never heard of them before either but i guess they've been tracking and rating politicians by how closely they follow the tenets of the Constitution - if that great document means anything to anyone anymore - for 35 years) recently gave Ron Paul a 100% ranking. only one other politician (senator Tom Coburn of OK) received a 100%. Tancredo got a 67%, so there is another difference between the two.

http://www.jbs.org/files/fi-110-1.pdf

Interesting. We have a ways to go before the elections. Time will tell. I give everyone a chance. But I heard Paul directly say immediate troop withdrawl. No if, ands or buts. To just up and leave with no support, IMHO, is not the best idea out there. If we pull out now, all those guys really did die for no reason. I just can't back that. Past that, he seems like a stand up kinda guy. Personally, I kinda like the Constitution. Like those that follow it since most representing us don't anymore.