Another "Parts Count" question...

I'm sure this has probably been answered before but after I get my Saiga converted and have the 5 required US parts... can I put a folding stock on it or do I have to add another US made part? Sorry if this causes any headaches. Thanks for any info.

I'm sure this has probably been answered before but after I get my Saiga converted and have the 5 required US parts... can I put a folding stock on it or do I have to add another US made part? Sorry if this causes any headaches. Thanks for any info.

Sure you can put a folding stock on it, as long as your parts count is correct and the rifle length is long enough (with the stock folded). Do you plan to use a US made stock or foreign one?

How long does it have to be when its folded? I would like to find a US made stock if I can help it. Would I be able to use a foreign made folding stock? I would probably have to put another US part if I did use the foreign made stock though...

Would that be 26" from the rear of the rear of the receiver to the muzzle? If so, since my Saiga has the 16" barrel and the overall length is 25 1/8", I could just permanently attach a muzzle brake to get the magic 26" couldn't I?

emr: you cannot put a folder or telescoper on a post ban rifle in new york state. felony class D here. you can ask around the various shops, and get some stupid answers, or you can go by the shop i now use, as well as the state penal codes and see for yourself.

overall length is best measured by laying the gun down on a table with either a tape measure or yardstick under the barrel. lay the gun with the end of the ruler on the muzzle end, and run the ruler in line with the barrel out under the reciever with some to spare. take a square object like a piece of office paper, line the paper up square with the ruler that is in line with the barrel, and move the squared edge tword the butt end of the gun until it touches it. that is your overall measurement. whatever the rearmost point is squared to the barrel line is what you measure to. could be a pistol grip, could be a stock, could be just the reciever. Yes, if you only need an inch, you CAN go with no stock at all and put an "entry stock" on it.

oh, and for those not in new york or other facist states with ridiculous laws, you get overall length of a folding ot telescoping weapon in the above manner, with the stock folded or closed. (yes that is why the folding stock mount sticks out that far)