( new member)help with 2 position gas regulator

Hello

New member here.

First - thanks to all the members for freely sharing the knowledge they posess with us new guys.

Will be buying a new 410 on payday.

Have 7.62x39 saiga.Like it and easy to maintain.

The 410 seems a bit more complex to clean.

The question????

How to correctly dissambly and clean the "New Style" 2 position gas regulator on a 410.

Advice and exploded diagram much appreciated.

PS.I notice several post concerning 2.5 (65mm ) magazines. I just bought some from Arms of America.

Hello

New member here.

First - thanks to all the members for freely sharing the knowledge they posess with us new guys.

Will be buying a new 410 on payday.

Have 7.62x39 saiga.Like it and easy to maintain.

The 410 seems a bit more complex to clean.

The question????

How to correctly dissambly and clean the "New Style" 2 position gas regulator on a 410.

Advice and exploded diagram much appreciated.

PS.I notice several post concerning 2.5 (65mm ) magazines. I just bought some from Arms of America.

Thanks Twinsen

Thought something might be spring loaded and launch into unknown parts never to be found again.

Any other advice gladly welcomed

Rattss

Short answer- push in the shiny pin, and the regulator screws off counterclockwise, lefty-loosey.

Thanks Twinsen

Thought something might be spring loaded and launch into unknown parts never to be found again

Any other advice gladly welcomed

Rattss

I've never taken my .410's gas system apart, I've only fired maybe 75 rounds through mine thus far. The gas system on my 12 is just that front piece that twists off, and then a big piece of metal that slides around in the gas tube that'll fall out. If you do a search here I know you'll find a thread with some pictures of it taken apart. It's just 2 more detachable pieces than you are used to with an ak.

At the VERY TOP of the .410 section is a thread titled "TEAR DOWN INSTRUCTIONS"...

I have written this myself, as thoroughly in depth as I felt it warranted. It should tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about the tear down, cleaning and reassembly of your Saiga 410...

Please READ IT! It is very informative!

:smoke:

At the VERY TOP of the .410 section is a thread titled "TEAR DOWN INSTRUCTIONS"...

I have written this myself, as thoroughly in depth as I felt it warranted. It should tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about the tear down, cleaning and reassembly of your Saiga 410...

Please READ IT! It is very informative!

:smoke:

Thank you to both Indyarms and Twinsen.

went to "tear down instructions" section

very well done

it answered a number of questions about maintenance for me

thank you again