Are 12 guage Saigas in danger of being D.D.

I saw another topic on this.Where is this info coming from?Is there a bill before congress or is it just a possible thought.

Can anyone shead some light on this.

Thanks in advance

Ken

Every autoloading detachable magazine shotgun that holds more that 10 shells was declared a Destructive Device by name over a decade ago but luckily they individually named them rather than naming the class or features themselves but they could add the Saiga to that list by the stroke of a pen with not congressional oversight or bill required to make us all have to register our Saiga-12s.

Here's the ATF Letter

ATF Rulings 94-1 and 94-2 classified three shotguns as destructive devices pursuant to 26 U.S.C., Chapter 53, the National Firearms Act (NFA). These shotguns are the USAS-12, Striker-12, and the Streetsweeper. The NFA requires registration of certain types of firearms such as machineguns, sawed-off rifles, sawed-off shotguns and destructive devices. The NFA defines destructive devices to include shotguns with a bore of more than one-half inch diameter which are not generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms (ATF) has determined that these shotguns fall within this definition.

Classifying these weapons as destructive devices under the NFA requires the current possessor to file an ATF Form 1, fingerprint cards, and a current photograph to effect the registration of the firearm. The initial registration is tax exempt. Any subsequent transfer must be approved in advance and would result in transfer tax liability of $200. The possessor must register the weapon as soon as possible after learning of the registration requirement, e.g., within thirty days. Weapons not registered within the allowable time frame are subject to seizure and forfeiture, and the possessor subject to a criminal fine of up to $250,000 or up to 10 years in jail, or both.

As you can see they can just make up whatever unfounded ridiculous assertion and make a million gun owners criminals overnight even though nobody to my knowledge had committed a crime with a USAS-12 it became the same as owning a live rocket,mortar or artillery shell because it scared the panties off of some bureaucrat and our Saigas WILL end up in the same boat and I refuse to be forced into registration of conventional small arms so I will ditch my Saiga-12 when they do make this leap as soon as one ends up seized and studied at the ATF Technology Branch with an over 10rd magazine it will be a Federally Controlled Weapon within a month...

Edited by SOPMOD