I have a saiga w/ 19 inch barrel have a question

I have never seen the gun nor seen a saiga in person. I want to buy a Flash Hider made in Russia that is threaded. I am told my gun has a threaded end

does anyone have a close up picture of a standard end of a threaded 19 inch barrel. I was trying to figure out what I should do.Leave it alone. Have Tony cut and weld it or just screw it into place. Any thoughts or pictures would be great. Thanks in advance.

Ken

On my first Saiga I had Tony weld the Shark Brake on and cut the barrel to the minimum allowed. On my second Saiga I left it threaded and can screw on a Shark Brake, Poly Choke, Flash Hider or whatever I like. I would leave it threaded for the first time around and try different options to see what you like. JMO

I'm not sure what you would gain by welding it in place. As 1911 said, you'd lose the ability to use the external chokes -- which means you would have to thread the internals to use Remchokes or the like. The only reason to weld it would be to meet minimum length requirements if you were chopping the barrel. I'd leave it screwed on.

Jim