Extended Front Sight & Rear Peep Sight

1. I was originally going to use a wall hanger laser to line up the front sight, but could not get my hands on one. Instead, I decided to use a piece of dental floss (tied to the rear ghost sight), and ran it along the sight radius (past where the sight bead used to be) to the Krebs front sight post. I lined the first two points up, then lined up the third (front sight post).

2. I never asked Mr. Krebs what his sights would cost once he released them to consumers. He qouted me $60.00 at the Creek for a "prototype" Alum-Alloy set that may not be up to the high standards of the finished steel product. Oleg may be able to supply an alernate source (Russian) at compeitive prices?

More pics of the Alum-Alloy Krebs Front Sight coming tomorrow.

Guys, can't you just turn the shotgun over on a flat surface and let it rest on the rear sight and then twist the front sight until it is flat, meaning that both "ears" of the sight are flat on the surface you are resting the shotgun on? Might or might not work, just a suggestion-AKATTACK.

My rear sight is a ghost ring.

Come to find out, the ghost ring sight should be installed using a nylon punch or nylon block. I used a rubber covered metal punch, which subsequently deformed the base of the sight. Completely my fault... Doh !!! :cryss:

I'll have my hands on a new steel Front Sight from Krebs (production model) in about a week (or two). I'll do some function testing on it --- then report back here on both front sights.

New pics will have to wait until then.

The front & rear sights do retail for $95.00... I'll find out Friday if he is willing to sell them seperately. :super:

===================================================

Spoke w/ Krebs (10/29/04) ... Said the sights will only be sold as a pair/set (for $95.00). Steel sights (the actual production version) should be available in about a week. No ETA on the Flash Hider; could be a while before we see it :unsure:

Edited by hk4me

Yeah, my steel Krebs front sight s/b in Friday. I'll post some pics when it arrives...

Amazingly, I'm more accurate hitting clays with the iron sights (ghost ring) than I am with the Kobra red dot sight... Anything seen in the ghost ring sight (when I drop the hammer) turns to dust.

Hillary 08' :cryss: