where can i buy one?

where can i find a saiga 12? (please multiple sites)... do any of them have rifled barrels?....i heard the new one has the feature of being able to slap in the mag like an ar-15, do you recomend it?....is the vepr 12 available for civilians?...please help!!!! i am new to this but i want one bad!

Look on GunBroker--there was at least one Saiga 12 for sale last night. The shotguns do not have rifled barrels. A mag well is being developed for them here in the US. No Vepr 12's are currently available in the US as far as I know.

Look on GunBroker--there was at least one Saiga 12 for sale last night. The shotguns do not have rifled barrels. A mag well is being developed for them here in the US. No Vepr 12's are currently available in the US as far as I know.

thank you for your help!...can all saiga 12s be turned into tactical weapons as far as the stocks, foregrips,tac rails,etc?....i have seen some going for about $450 or so..is that a typical price?

...can all saiga 12s be turned into tactical weapons

Tactical weapons......what makes you tactical is not your gun. It's you. Your gun will do if you will do. A JC Higgins 28" pump action dangling off of the pinky finger of someone like Louis Awerbuck is more tactical than a Tromix conversion with HK sights, forward pistol grip, Surefire, laser, etc.....in the hands of, say me. Your gun will do if you will do.

That being said, check out the picture threads in the respective forums. You'll see the whole gamut of what can be done to them. The options are nearly limitless. All the Saigas are basically the same....an AK platform, chambered in different rounds. Check it out.

And, welcome to the party!

Edited by BlackBear
thank you for your help!...can all saiga 12s be turned into tactical weapons as far as the stocks, foregrips,tac rails,etc?....i have seen some going for about $450 or so..is that a typical price?

If you're in a permissive state you can do all those things you are speaking of. The $450 you mention is not unreasonable in today's market. When the supply gets low the prices go up even further. You may find one for around $20 less at times.

As far as the price, that's what you're gonna look at, at least anytime soon.

I got mine 3-4 weeks ago from Gilbert's ( http://www.gilbertsguns.com/Shotguns/Saiga) for $439, and looks like they're expecting a shipment to come in by the end of this month. Of course, have to add the shipping ($20 flat) and the FFL fee (was $25 for me, seems to be about the going rate.)

Atlantic seems to have a few left as well. And of course, every once in a while you get lucky and find someone on gunbroker, or on the forums here. But yeah, 439-459 is what you're going to be looking at, generally.

Another source...scroll to the bottom of the page. Their asking $500 contact onfo is on page but I'll list here as well.....

Paul's Guns

603-429-1494

9am-9pm EST

SKSMAN@AOL.COM

Web Listing

http://www.sksman.com/acces/rifles3.php