Saiganov buttstock saga

I put my new saignov buttstock on my 308 today....I had one of those days...to begin with..the stock would not come off..this cont...until I realized that I had not taken the 3rd screw out located in the rec....****stupid....stupid****....once I got the stock on and lined up...I started to drill the holes....broke off two bits in the holes...again...I forgot that I should have put dish soap on bit to make it drive easier....the second bit on the tang whole broke off at end deep in hole...since I drilled it too deep to begin with..I put screw in and tighted it up...locked up ok and flush as it should...the stock locked in place tight with out screws...and I am hoping the one good screw will hold it in place...sometime down the road..I will drill out hole and use one of the longer screws I have....I think It will hold all right....like I said ...should have waited to do it tommorow.....never learn.....

Here is how it turned anyway....with all my stupid self done problems...pardon the quality of pic...old camera....

post-7910-1192753759_thumb.jpg

Looks good

I had a day like that yesterday started two projects and both went sour in a hurry.

Tried them again this morning everthing was smooth as silk.

I was putting a picatinny rail on the S308 fore end. and mounted a bipod on it.

Also found out its pretty picky about scope mounts..had a couple of Dragnov scope mounts and scopes that fill fit..on PSL or Romak 3..they would not work...but will work on my Wasr-2 and my STG 2000-c...I had an AK mount with scope mounted on it that had sniper reticle and preset caliberation from 100-500 yards...went right on.....even though the caliberation is for 223..I think..I can make it work on my saiga....we will see..good for short term...breaking/sighting it in...