S-12 vs 12Ga 3" Mag Range Report

OUCH!!

I took my Cobra 76 Two modified S-12 to the range this week. I teach firearms at a police academy. During my demonstration I used standard slugs from 100 yds to make chest shots with the standard Saiga sights. My Saiga laughed at me, as if to say: "That's all you want me to do? Come on, give me a challenge."

Next, 40 rds of birdshot, rapid fire. My Saiga yawned and, I believe, it fell asleep between rounds 25 and 30. Still, no hiccups at all.

Then, 50, 25, and 15 yard slug shots at smaller and smaller targets. The slugs were police reduced recoil rounds.

And, 50, 25, and 15 yard 00Buckshot reduced recoil. About then the Saiga turned and looked back at me and said: "Look, if you have nothing more exciting for me to do, I'm going home and I'm taking your Mossberg with me."

Next, a seven yard, 00Buckshot hostage rescue shot. (Yes, it can be done.) The Saiga smiled. One saved hostage.

After the demo the students went to the other side of the range for briefing. While cleaning up I noticed a box of ammo a friend had given me. In case you don't know, if is bad form to leave a range with ammo near your firearm.

So I took the 3" Super Magnum 00 rounds and loaded five in the mag. I fired from the hip and OUCH!!, that hurt. And, because it hurt, I had to fire the other four quickly. Then I loaded two more five round mags. Fired the first mag from the shoulder very slowly. Then other mag was fired fast, really fast. The target went away.

We I was done the Saiga was smiling. It asked me to quickly put it in the trunk so it could tell the Mossberg and the M4 about what it had done.

I got a well-earned bruise on my shoulder.

And I should say that I fired all of these rounds in positions "1." I didn't do this intentionally, but I thought about it later and I was impressed by the fact that my Saiga handled it all in that position.

we here are having many reports of this type of thing happening.....tell your benelli its days are numbered, while you are at it.. :) thank you, have a nice day. oh, you need more shells, too.........

<===please note my avatar. I have been convinced for a long time now.....