Tromix 8in conversion?

My CLEO is very willing to sign my ATF forms. He just signed one for me last weekend, He actualy said anyone can cut one of these things down and he would rather know where they are. Thats very cool and understanding of the guy.

I want to send one of my tromix guns back to you and have it cut down, I still want my polychoke on the end.

What would the conversion cost with return shipping?

I know it will be a long wait so would it have any function problems if I had it cut down by polychoke? I believe the gas ports need to be opened up?

The gun with the galil handguard in my avitar is the one im looking at chopping. :smoke:

Edited by mike123456

Tony will have to tell you what it will cost to shorten, but don't send it anywhere else; not everybody can cut them.

If you just shorten the barrel it won't run, and opening the gas ports isn't the way. You have to move the gas block back, and it's not trivial.

I can't give you a firm quote until I see your gun, since it has already been converted. I never know what I am getting into when I work on a gun converted by someone else.

Plan on around $400 provided there is not additional work required to the existing conversion.

Tony

yep, my two guns are tonys work. The top one I sold a while ago, havent got a new picture yet.

actualy I'll probably send in the other one because i'll want a folding stock on it or no stock at all. Just the ace reciever block would be cool. :super: I cant wait to get one and stuff a 20rd drum in it.

Now if I get the Form1 approved, will it have to be shipped both ways through a 02 dealer or can I ship this directly to you?

Edited by mike123456