Saiga 12 Choke from Midway?

I've ask this question before but never really got the answer I wanted. I'd like to use midwayusa.com since I have some money to spend there :-) http://www.midwayusa.com/

Can someone hopefully more then one tell me what chokes will work with my Saiga 12? I'm looking for something I can use with 00# buck for a tightest group at 50yards.

(I know jack about chokes that's why I'm asking for help and perfer the opinions from more then one person. Please provide me with some links. Thanks)

Also I'm guessing I can't use a slug while a choke is on correct?

Thanks guys :-)

Edited by Joeddox
.......Can someone hopefully more then one tell me what chokes will work with my Saiga 12? I'm looking for something I can use with 00# buck for a tightest group at 50yards.

While chokes will provide some pattern reduction with buck shot they will also increase the number of flyers. The overall best for buck shot is no choke, simply "Cylinder Bore."

Also I'm guessing I can't use a slug while a choke is on correct? Thanks guys :-)

At lease once... :rolleyes:

Seriously, while some slugs will swage down through a tight choke a few times before screwing up a barrel, this is very ill advised. Again, think "Cylinder Bore."

Chokes are for bird shot.

Edited by Azrial

If you're looking for factory external thread chokes, you won't find them at Midway. Try here:

http://www.saigastock.com/index.php?main_p...ac94bede88d995e

You can internally thead a Saiga barrel for Remchokes, but you need to find a gunsmith that is capable of threading a chromed barrel. The problem with internal chokes is that the threads foul and they swell, often causing them to stick in the barrel. There is also a variable Polychoke for either factory or Remchoke threads.

For buckshot, it depends on the ammunition. Remington Express buckshot states that it patterns best through a full choke. Other brands such as Wolf, deform too much through a full choke and pattern best with a modified.

Foster and Brenneke style slugs can be shot safely through any choke. The "rifling" ribs are designed to help the slug swage through a choke. However, best accuracy is obtained with either an open or improved cylinder choke.

Sabot slugs should not be fired through a choke, as it can result in barrel damage. Accuracy would be awful out of a smoothbore anyway. However, there is a Paradox rifled choke tube for the factory threads that will stabilize sabots.