Buy now or wait

I am hoping that Tony will have time to get to me on the 2009 list. Do you recommend that I buy a 20 gauge, or a long barrel 12 gauge, and keep it for conversion, or do most people buy a complete gun directly from Tony. I've got plenty of time to plan for this, but I guess my worry is that for some reason, the shotguns may not be available when my name surfaces on the list. I would prefer to buy the complete package, but I want to have my bases covered.

Additionally, I could tell from the Tromix web site that .410s and 12s are converted, but what about the 20s? I would not mind a 20, but I'm not sure I want a .410.

Thanks, Peace to all of you, and Merry Christmas.

The Judge

The 20g's are still a relative bargain--Classic Arms lists them for $300. Imagine Tony could convert one for you. The other advantage of sending it to him is that the gas system often needs tweaking on the 20g's and he would make sure everything is running properly. If you send Tromix an unconverted 12g he gives you $475 credit off the totally converted price. I'd buy a 20g and at least one 12g, IMO.

I purchased a Tromix S-20 from Tony.... so yes, Tony offers converted Saiga-20s as well. Whether or not he has the base imported S-20s available to do one of his conversion packages on, only Tony could say. He stocks-up on the S-12s.... but the other guages of Saiga shotties I am clueless regarding his stockage.

Dude, forgive me, but based on this thread and another you started, it sounds like among several things, you are trying to decide which guage of Saiga shotgun to make your initial purchase against. So, if in fact that is a small part of your current decision making process, I'd like to share my following two cents:

Having currently purchased only one Saiga shotgun (as indicated, a Tromix converted S-20), I would strongly advise anyone and everyone to FIRST purchase the S-12 over the S-20 or S-410. Why? Because there are so bloody-many after-market items and options available for the S-12 versus the other guaged shotties, it's simply ridiculous. Apparently, without question there are a hellva lot more S-12s than the other guages in the United States. In fact, I recall reading somewhere here within the forum that after the S-12, the S-410 runs second in U.S. popularity and import, and the S-20 runs dead last. Go figure I say? So, with this being the statistical case it is absolutely no wonder that those firearms after-market item manufacturers cater to the S-12 crowd versus any other.

Just my two cents. I am on that LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGG Tromix waiting list myself, for a S-12 of course. :super:

(.........post the pic, Gary..........c'mon, I know you want to...........)

:smoke:

Damn Jeaux, give me a break already.... :lolol: ... :lolol: ... :lolol:

If the dude really wanted to see pics of my S-20, he could go find them in the S-20 forum picture thread like everyone else. :super:

post-4853-1198556079.gif

(.........post the pic, Gary..........c'mon, I know you want to...........)

:smoke:

Damn Jeaux, give me a break already.... :lolol: ... :lolol: ... :lolol:

If the dude really wanted to see pics of my S-20, he could go find them in the S-20 forum picture thread like everyone else. :super:

Oh shoot !!!..........That's right, there is an S-20 forum picture thread !!!! Oops !!!

(heh, heh, heh.........)

(shame on me.......)

Edited by Jeaux E