I currently dont have an FFL but would like to buy a display saiga12. Can someone please let me know if such a thing is available? I understand pricing would be close to the cost of the real thing but I am okay with that. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Stephen

Stephen, where do you live?

Also, what you're asking for is a welded, non-functional S-12?

You don't have to HAVE an FFL to get an S-12. You go to a gun shop, they give their information to the supplier and the gun is shipped to the GUN SHOP (the FFL) and you pick up the gun there and pay (25-50) FFL transfer fee.

$450 S-12

$20 Shipping

$35 FFL fee.

$500-$525 you have a WORKING ONE.

I don't know the deal behind a non-working "Display" S-12.

Stephen, where do you live?

Also, what you're asking for is a welded, non-functional S-12?

You don't have to HAVE an FFL to get an S-12. You go to a gun shop, they give their information to the supplier and the gun is shipped to the GUN SHOP (the FFL) and you pick up the gun there and pay (25-50) FFL transfer fee.

$450 S-12

$20 Shipping

$35 FFL fee.

$500-$525 you have a WORKING ONE.

I don't know the deal behind a non-working "Display" S-12.

Not knowing where the OP lives, a DeAct may be the closest they'll get to a 'real Saiga'. Please let us keep in mind that this forum serves the world.

I live in NJ. I need to finally get my firearm permit. When I first joined the Marines right out of highschool, I asked my dad to get the permit, and he purchased the rifles I own now. 14 years later, and no license of my own, I have been procrastinating to get my firearm permit (in NJ, I need to file for both a rifle and handgun permit, since I want to shoot at both types of ranges, and I will need both types of permits to purchase new firearms).

oh, why I want the display version: I collect replica firearms for display purposes, which is why I was interested in the saiga 12. Most of my collection are premade to be replicas but some are assembled from parts, etc. Granted, I eventually will buy an active one also (I like to have both an active and inactive version of each firearm, in case I want to set around and show a firearm, I feel more comfortable-obviously-showing the nonworking model).

I guess I should go ahead and get my licenses. I hope this clears up my request. I def. am still interested in a display saiga if one is available. However, I am going to be def. checking out the for sale once I get my paperwork in order. Thanks for the quick responses--found this board only a short time ago but you guys seem on top of the ball.

Sincerely,

Stephen

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Bump.

Wondering if there is anywhere I could look for a deact version. thanks in advance.

Most people here want a working version :)

Get your permit and just buy 2 working versions then take the bolt out of one (Not the bolt carrier as that's what you see from the outside). Take out the Hammer as well and there's NO way in bloody hell that the gun can fire anything. It will look cool and be safe to show w/o worry of someone blowing a hole in a wall or person. ALSO, you can just toss the bolt and hammer back in and have a working gun again.

Just my 2 cents.

If you're really set on getting a Deactivated Saiga.... may I suggest a readily available and CHEAPER Saiga 20ga? I'm sure you can find someone to deact an S20, but you're gonna spend the cost of the gun + extra work on it for a hunk of metal and plastic that doesn't do anything but look really cool.