Stock Saiga .223 brass reloadable---???

I've heard about the stepped-chamber for Russian goverment civilian-gun chamber identification. Does this extra expanded-step render the brass unusable in any other .223 weapons? Now I'm hearing about the added bolt-face ring causing the primers to be mushroomed rendering their removal to be difficult/impossible--said to be deliberate by the Russian goverment for the sole purpose of stopping civilian reloading. I don't re-load now, but I may in the future. Should the brass be considered unuseable for re-loading as is the steel-cased berdin-primed ammo? Haven't picked-up a .223 weapon yet for a couple reasons,however I feel I should acquire the capability to fire any .223 that comes into my possession. If Saiga .223 brass is non-reloadable or can't be re-loaded to be used in other .223 weapons, rather than a Saiga, I'll go to a Chinese AK in .223. I've got .308 & 7.62x39 covered in semi-auto's. Thank's for any replys!

I haven't tried it. The way it ejects puts one hell of a half moon shaped ding right in the middle of the case body. Case neck and primers are fine, but I don't trust the case wall.

This is the case with over a dozen 223 saigas I've shot brass case through. With steel case there's a little mark, with brass case it's always a huge, sharp ding. It's the sharpness of the ding that scares me away from reloading them.

The ding in the case is common to almost all AK's, it results from the ejecting case smacking the reciever cover, see post: Brass Denting cure and Valmet buffer . It can be remedied. Black Dog is the pioneer of the bolt face modifcation: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=21769 which is still sort of experimental. I don't reload yet, but I am still interested in making it possible, since I do collect the brass I shoot for the future.