Heavy loads to break in gun?

Its offical, we are finally going to get to shoot our new Saiga 12's this Saturday. I have read that it is best to break them in by shooting 100+ rounds of heavy load. I have been looking at several sporting goods store including Wal-Mart and cannot find any heavy loads.

The only thing that I can find is 1 1/8 oz shots. Forgive my ingorance, but what weight is a 00 buckshot? Is this what people use to break in their guns. I found some slugs, but they are only 1oz. What heavy loads do you guys recommend since I cannot seem to find any?

a good heavy load would be any "heavy game load". They will usually be high brass rounds and do not have to be buck or slugs. I used #3 steel shot 1550fps to check out my Saiga. Of course the barrel was pointed at some ducks at the time. This weekend I am sure to have my Saiga fully broken in. My Saiga 12 sure likes the rounds, almost a litte too much. My Benelli freinds thought their guns threw the spent cases a long ways away. I sure showed them.

ounces stated is the weight of the lead,steel, bismuth, titanium ....... For the powder charge the best you can find on the box is the dram eq. With the proper manuals and a little knowledge of what the ammunition manufacturer uses for powder you can determine the amount of powder. The speed if indicated on box will give you an idea of how much kick the round will have. As a rule of thumb the faster the round the harder it kicks. Of course there are variables but it gives you an idea.