What in the hell kind of mount and I supposed to use with a NTTC firin

What should I do fellas?

This was my first compromise attempt

January2008009.jpg

This is the ideal position for my choked up shooting position(Nose To Top Cover)

January2008014.jpg

The second pic is just to get the height and eye relief where I want it and I don't know of any mount that will let me achieve this except for that Polish Style continuous rail thing but I don't want to lose my iron sights either so,what to do?

The second pic is just to get the height and eye relief where I want it and I don't know of any mount that will let me achieve this except for that Polish Style continuous rail thing but I don't want to lose my iron sights either so,what to do?

I think "that Polish Style continuous rail thing" ( http://dpharms.com/beryl-style-scope-mount-p-230.html ) would work for you - but if you want to keep the iron sights, I would look at two things:

1) Get a side-rail mount with a Weaver rail up top (multiple sources, your choice), and replace the top rail with something long enough ( http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...%20BASE%20STOCK , or something similar) to meet your needs. That might require a cheek piece of some sort ( http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...title=CHEEK-EEZ , or something similar), to compensate for the height of the mount; or

2) Go with the Beryl scope mount, and have rail-mount front & rear sights (i.e., AR detachable front & rear sights) to use 'in an emergency'...

My advice, as always, is worth exactly what you paid for it...

;>)

BTW, your rifle looks very, very nice (and you're getting that from an FAL fan ;>)!

;>)

Why thank you,I was a FAL guy for 308 for 15 years until the 20rd mags came out for the Saiga and now I havea reliable 308 that I can actually afford to tinker with now that I have a wife and kids reducing my fun budget way below high-end FN levels

If this was an FN an ARMS mount and a flip up rear sight would have solved this dilemma in 30 seconds though :dollar:

See if anything here will work for you http://scoutscopes.com/index.html Nice rifle by the way

Thanks,everthing in the picture(including the rifle) was someone else's cast off and I got it all on the cheap.

$200 for the rifle(missing a bolt)

$75 for a bolt

$20 RPK forend

$20 for the RPK forend retainer

$10 for the buttstock

had the AK74 gas tubes already

Maadi top handguard for $5

$30 14x1LH die for the muzzle

$12 for the AK74 muzzle adapter

Traded for the Ergo Grip which had a big gouge and then sanded it into what you see.

Used scope,rings and mount that were used in competition for a year then dumped for $200 and a my buddy snatched it up

$572?

oh I almost forgot the compliance parts

$200 RSA trigger group and the DPH piston and FBMG mag cost me as much as the damned rifle though

$772 total doing the work myself

Veridian green stain for the wood,a laminated wood pistol grip identical to my modified Ergo Grip and some sort of scope mount that actually get's me eye relief with my streetfighting UO style firing stance will put me ight on the money as far as this rifle goes.

I might also stick a limbsaver buttpad on there but cut the stock down to maintain the compact length and since it's so small I might be able to find a gunsmith mistake that still has enough meat for an AK stock and get it on the cheap.

I wonder if the www.scoutscopes.com mount comes back far enough fo the rear ring to clear the rear scope ring if I put it right behind the adjustment knobs?

See if anything here will work for you http://scoutscopes.com/index.html Nice rifle by the way

Thanks,everthing in the picture(including the rifle) was someone else's cast off and I got it all on the cheap.

$75 for a bolt

$20 RPK forend

$10 for the buttstock

Traded for the Ergo Grip which had a big gouge and then sanded it into what you see.

Used scope,rings and mount that were used in competition for a year then dumped for $200 and a my buddy snatched it up

$572?

$200 RSA trigger group and the DPH piston and FBMG mag cost me as much as the damned rifle though

Veridian green stain for the wood,a laminated wood pistol grip identical to my modified Ergo Grip and some sort of scope mount that actually get's me eye relief with my streetfighting UO style firing stance will put me ight on the money as far as this rifle goes.

I might also stick a limbsaver buttpad on there but cut the stock down to maintain the compact length and since it's so small I might be able to find a gunsmith mistake that still has enough meat for an AK stock and get it on the cheap.

I wonder if the www.scoutscopes.com mount comes back far enough fo the rear ring to clear the rear scope ring if I put it right behind the adjustment knobs?

The scoutscopes mount looks like you should be able to keep your scope in exact place in the image above by having a ring on each side of the adjustment knobs.

$75 for a bolt

$20 RPK forend

$10 for the buttstock

$572?

The scoutscopes mount looks like you should be able to keep your scope in exact place in the image above by having a ring on each side of the adjustment knobs.

Thanks for the tip,I just filled out their contact form and sent them a pic of my mounting position and asked them if the rear sight would clear the scope ring.

Thanks Bro,that might be just the ticket!! :super:

Glad you started this thread. I was planning on setting up the same scope/base on my 308.

It's going to be the "$hit Hot" setup if I can eve get this eye relief thing worked out and everyone tells me I need a longer stock since I'm no small fellow but I want a tight and economical shooting stance like I use NTCH(nose to charging handle with an AR15) I want to use NTTC(nose to top cover on AKs) for my S308.

It's deadly accurate and promises to become my favortie rifle despite it's crude finish and bargain pricetag it just inspires a level of confidence that nothing else seems to give me after watching everything else under the sun "crap the bed" except a properly assembled AK.

You won't regret a similar setup if you can figure out the optics mounting(which I will report on the scoutscopes.com mount when I get one).

:smoke: