I bought a new Century Arms Yugo 7.62X39 Underfolder last week. I put about 110 rounds through it, a combination of Wolf, Silver Bear and Brown Bear hollowpoints. I had a couple of failures to feed on the first magazine, but after these break-in jams she worked fine afterward. Accuracy at 100 yards was quite good. For an AK, the trigger was excellent; crisp and clean. In general, I am quite happy. As far as criticisms go, there are a couple. The supplied magazine looks as if it had been through the Yugo Civil War in the 90's but seemed to function fine. Perhaps a Croat T-55 ran over it a couple times. The folding stock is very stiff and difficult to deploy quickly. The Yugo underfolder may not be the best rifle for a trunk gun because of the stiff folding stock button. Shooters may wish to consider other types of AK folders for that role.

I would have loved to have converted a Saiga for the "folding stock AK" role, but the gunsmiths around here are cranky old men that don't like to work on military-style semi-autos. I generally like cranky old men, but they are difficult to do business with. I will continue to use my unconverted Saiga 7.63X39 for most of my target practice. The fit and finish of the Saiga are superior. Still, the Yugo Underfolder is a good weapon.

The Yugos are great guns,one of the more solid AK's out there.Hollow points are generaly problematic in a lot of AK's..if there feeding fine in your gun thats an added bonus! I built mine with a wooden stock kit when they were real cheap,had a underfolder kit but sold it for a but more than i paid(regret it now).Your gun has a new barrel unlike mine which is pretty crutty..still shoots good tho and alot better than some of the sewer pipe barrles that came with alot of those kits at the time.Stock up on a bunch of the Yugo mags while you still have the chance.

100_0869.jpg