Will wood 308 furniture fit 7.62 rifle?

Well, a friend bought a new 7.62 today at a gunshow ($198.00!) and we compared it with my 308 and the forends are not identical. The 7.62 forend has an angled cut at the very back of the flat part that slips into the front of the receiver. The 308 barrel is fatter and the 7.62 forend would not fit. Also, the threaded piece the bolt screws into at the back of the forend sticks up further on the 7.62 than the 308. We didn't actually try the 308 on the 7.62, but I'd expect a loose fit, and you'll have to make that angled cut at the back. (I didn't see your post until after my friend had departed this afternoon, or we'd have tried the 7.62 on the 308 and I could tell you for sure. Sorry.)

I tried it out yesterday.The wood 308 furniture fits fine on the 7.62,all that is needed is to cut a small amount about 1/2X1/2" at the bottom base that fits inside the reciever.The plastic 7.62 furniture went on the 308 but was very tight .