Hunting with a S12

Curiosity got the better of me, so I thought I'd ask the question.

Who hunts regularly with their S12 ?

I am on the fence with a S12 / Remington 870 magnum pistol grip.

Pigs would be what I would be looking to hunt with either weapon, as well as the versitality of the loads & availabilty to shoot other quarry.

I used my S12 for duck this year. Did very well. My O/U was taking way too much abuse in the wet conditions of waterfowl hunting. I am now getting out after predatory animals (coyotes, fox and the like) Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will take one with the S12. The mags are a bit of a pain to deal with if they have to be plugged down to two rounds but once you get used to it not bad. I would like to get the smaller case two rounders just to make it easier to carry. The five round cases become a little difficult to carry along with the other items needed.

I have been using my s410 for sometime for birds and other small game and it works great. Recently picked up a s20 so will see how that goes.

I mentioned this in another thread already,

if youre hunting in AZ, unless its migratory birds, you can use a 5 round mag on your shotgun. They changed the regs a couple years ago.

I just put my S12 AK together and shot a bobcat with it this last weekend at 10 yards. I bought it with the Plan to use it extensively on predators. 3" #4 Buck really pounds them down. I take a bunch of coyote with a shotgun each year, lots of fun with a shotgun. I have been using a HK-Benelli M1 Tactical but as soon as my Saiga polychoke shows up, the M1 is going in the safe.

I mentioned this in another thread already,

if youre hunting in AZ, unless its migratory birds, you can use a 5 round mag on your shotgun. They changed the regs a couple years ago.

I just put my S12 AK together and shot a bobcat with it this last weekend at 10 yards. I bought it with the Plan to use it extensively on predators. 3" #4 Buck really pounds them down. I take a bunch of coyote with a shotgun each year, lots of fun with a shotgun. I have been using a HK-Benelli M1 Tactical but as soon as my Saiga polychoke shows up, the M1 is going in the safe.

If you want to get out and knock down some coyotes with the S12's let me know. I use mine for that and other hunting as well. I did fairly well with it on ducks this year.