Sawing 7.62 barrel, Pistol conversion

I have choped and filed barrells before (legally) on a 12 gauge and a 40 cal. I was wonder if any one has done this before on a saiga. I want to convert it into a pistol. My concern is that the barrel will be dammaged in the process due to the bimetal barell (Chrome lined). Also will shorting the barrel to the point of the gas chamber interfer with the Weapons operations. Any info will help I am looking forward to a bad as conversion.

P.S. this is my first Post on this site, and I have to say I absolutly love these weapons. I was debating between a modifed Wasr-10 and mini 14 when i caught wind of these, I fell in love and am so impressed way to go ruskys.

It is illegal to convert a rifle into a pistol.

There is no legal way to do it.

At all.

Ever.

What I mean is the AK style Pistol. And for all intensive purposes all i want to do is shorten the barrel. But thank you for the very odvious statement of law and not helping me at all. So any way Let me simplify it If I cut the barrel of the Saiga 7.62 will it damage it to the point that it will not work. Any answeres that provide info on what I asked would be appreciated. And all though It might have sounded and been a littel sarcast, I do apprecaite you freindly reminder concerning conversion of a rifle into a pistol. A shot gun with only a pistol grip is not a pistol. It is a shot gun with a pistol grip. An AK 47 with a pistol grip and a shortend barrel is not a pistol.

You can only go to the legal limit of 16 inches on a rifle per federal law, otherwise it's deemed a SBR. You must also have a butt stock; either hinged, underfolder, or fixed depending on local laws too.

To answer you question, yes you can cut the barrel the same as any other barrel. I have just recently cut my S308 from 22, to 16 and 1/4. Used simple tools; hacksaw, file, crowning tool, and a threading tat and die. The chrome lining is a b!tch to cut.

I have choped and filed barrells before (legally) on a 12 gauge and a 40 cal. I was wonder if any one has done this before on a saiga. I want to convert it into a pistol. My concern is that the barrel will be dammaged in the process due to the bimetal barell (Chrome lined). Also will shorting the barrel to the point of the gas chamber interfer with the Weapons operations. Any info will help I am looking forward to a bad as conversion.

P.S. this is my first Post on this site, and I have to say I absolutly love these weapons. I was debating between a modifed Wasr-10 and mini 14 when i caught wind of these, I fell in love and am so impressed way to go ruskys.

I took the liberty of highlighting your illegal intent.

If you want the right answer, ask the right question. Making us guess and telling us of your illegal intentions can cause confusion.

If you want the right answer, ask the right question. Making us guess and telling us of your illegal intentions can cause confusion.

Thank you for your info, I am glade you used red letters to prove my criminal intent hope you feel great about your self, sherif.

Thank you for your info, I am glade you used red letters to prove my criminal intent hope you feel great about your self, sherif.

They are just looking out for you, guiding you in the right direction and helping you avoid BIG trouble.

There will be no support for illegal activities on this board.

This is the ONLY informal warning you will receive!

Welcome to the board, all I as is that you do not ask about illegal options.