question on installing the ak74 style compensator

I read the tutorials, and will cut off probably half of the sleeve and just thread half of it so that the barrel does not protrude into the compensator more than it has to. I see the notch cut in the comp. that will accommodate a pin from the fsb to keep it from unscrewing during firing. However, if I only cut off half of the sleeve then how can I utilize this pin/notch method?

Also, I see the comp. on ak's where the slots are pointed left and right and obviously not up and down. How does one assure that the slots will be pointing left and right when threading it on? Are there only so many threads you should make.....or do you utilize the fsb pin and dont screw the comp. on very tightly?

Well, if the barrel extends fully into the comp then wouldnt it negate the function of the comp to some degree?

What exactly does the crush washer do....from dinzagarms it looks kind of basic...?

Any possible way to own the threading kit for less than 60 bucks from preciseinnovations?

Thanks for the info bud.

Well, if the barrel extends fully into the comp then wouldnt it negate the function of the comp to some degree?

What exactly does the crush washer do....from dinzagarms it looks kind of basic...?

Any possible way to own the threading kit for less than 60 bucks from preciseinnovations?

Thanks for the info bud.

http://dpharms.com/14-x-1-lh-thread-die-an...4d4dc47e81d82d3

Hello

I am going to be installing a flash suppressor on mine but I was wondering if anyone has tried the slip over the sleeve type that Dinzag sells. It slips over the existing sleeve at the end of the barrel and then is held in place by two threaded screws. You have to drill the holes in the sleeve but it appears to be a great solution to adding a flash suppressor without threading the barrel.

Kevin

• 4 weeks later...