My new saiga 308

First I took me sometime to get my 308 saiga my local gun shop is selling out of them so fast the rack is always empty!!!!! But i finally got one!!!! It has to be the biggest thing since the chinese sks was first imported here. I think the saiga is the most bang for the buck we can buy right now!!!! Where can you buy a rifle that is reliable and dependable as an "AK" designed rifle?? Now make in the 308 caliber and it gets my vote!!! And it has a chromed lined bore/ gas system too for $289!!! I'm ready to go for another one!!!! I'm a C&R collector but I'm going to collect saiga's too.

After cleaning my new saiga I deceided to try using "moly" inside the reciever and on the trigger like i have with all my other guns. Right away it lessened and smoothed out the trigger. The slide feels much better with it lubed correctly too. Moly is great stuff it elimates all friction, reduces all wear and galling. Moly also reduces all metal to metal contact as it works into the metal pores it wears against itself. It sure makes a big difference in the Saiga. Using it on trigger sears it lesson s the trigger pull by 50% right away and more as it works in.

"The Unknown Poster"

:killer::killer::killer::killer::killer::killer::killer::killer::killer::killer:

Edited by Unknown Poster

I get mine from McMaster Carr Industrial supply there in New Jersey and there on the net. I'm using the moly anti-seize and Mcmaster has it in the premium blend it has a higher percentage of moly. Go to McMaster Carr and search "anti seize" halfway down the page the moly anti seize is there. I use it in everything(all my guns). The best part is it stays where you put it and doesn't dryout you can store the gun and its ready to rock n roll at anytime thats great if the SHTF!!! You can feel the difference right away. I put it in all my handguns on the sears in revolvers and the slides in semi-autos too. In my bolt action rifles on the bolt lugs and on the sears. Here's something I notice no one does from some of the used semi auto rifles i purchased lately they don't lube the recoil spring??? All my recoil springs are moly'ed up too just a little will do. I use it too in all my gas systems too in my sks's just a little will do. It can take the heat and keep on ticking this is the best lube you can use. I've used it since the 70's. My very first chinese sks that i bought when they were first imported here I've shot for all these years shows no sign of wear at all. All my guns will last my lifetime so they can be handed down for the future generations in my family to come. They will enjoy for many years the toys that i will leave for them when i pass on and they will remember what Great Great Grandpa started. We must plan ahead for them now and who knows what it will be like in the future to have guns? Who knows what they will be able to buy by then? unkown poster

Edited by Unknown Poster

I'm happy for you, new guy (girl?). Seriously I am. That's pretty much what I thought when I first got mine. I suggest you either order your new forend now (it will fracture at the tabs) or sell your new toy and save your pennies for an M-1A as I am now doing. Good Luck and stay safe!

I have heard worse about the new m1a's having quality problems too? I'm not going to pay $1,200 for a gun and have problems. I won't buy anything american made. I've had trouble with everything i bought. I only buy older military surplus guns and one of my best ones in 308 is a French 49/56 the other one i have is a Cetme G3 which i'm very happy with too. The saiga is one of the few new guns i own. "UKP"

Edited by Unknown Poster