Bought my first Saiga 7.62x39

Ok, so, this is my first Siaga. Pretty excited about it but haven't, unfortunately been able to go group and zero it yet. I've been missing my M-16 from training (I'm in the Reserves here where I live) and I can't afford an AR-15, though I prefer something with a larger round anyway and was looking through this local gunshop and found this one. Called a friend of mine who has bought a couple of these plus the Saiga 12 and .308 models and decided, after some talking, to get it. Paid $270. Seemed a fair price. So here are some pictures. They serve two purposes: 1) just want to show it off :smoke: 2) I have some mod questions. I'd like to add an M4ish stock to it with a pistol grip. Put a flash suppressor on it and change it out so that I can put a vertical grip on it. First off, I do know about the 922 laws and such and plan to use all USA made parts and to change out the trigger group for a US made one just to make sure I never break the laws on that. The main reason I want to throw my idea out there is that I haven't seen a whole lot of Saigas configured like this (maybe I've just looked in the wrong places) and my friend hasn't done any conversions exactly like this either (He's more a fan of the Galil configuration). Is it possible to do it this way, how do I do it, and where to find the best parts?

Thanks in advance for the good advice I know I'll get from this forum.

post-6768-1203788609_thumb.jpg

My Saiga with pals Tokarev 9m, Boker Automatic Kalashnikov, Daggert II by SOG

post-6768-1203788708_thumb.jpg

post-6768-1203788756_thumb.jpg

post-6768-1203788799_thumb.jpg

Edited by Drusagas

It's quite a common mod, using an M4 style stock.

Once you get the fire control group converted, you can use whatever furniture you like. It's easy to change out, and there are many options.

Nov-5.jpg

mysaigand9.jpg

Asof10-25-2007w-AimpointClone.jpg

Edited by nalioth