I know that they are listed as being a weld on option, but could the H.K. style sights for the s-12 be J.B. welded on? I figure if you get something welded on you'd have to do a refinish job, but J.B. weld is a little mixing and press to fit. Would this work well enough to stay on through repeated .00 buck and slug rounds?

• 1 year later...
I know that they are listed as being a weld on option, but could the H.K. style sights for the s-12 be J.B. welded on? I figure if you get something welded on you'd have to do a refinish job, but J.B. weld is a little mixing and press to fit. Would this work well enough to stay on through repeated .00 buck and slug rounds?

I got my HK sights from RTG parts... with the virgin base. I had them welded on locally and am awaiting refinishing... I am hoping there is enough adjustment in them to make them hit POA/POI! Kinda worried about that...

I would doubt it would hold. Plus, if it flew off, you could end up catching it with your forehead! :beaten:

Maybe not, but it would be funny to watch if it did . . . :lolol:

Try at your own risk!

I welded mine and used a laser bore sighter to make sure they lined up, and I could adjust the difference,.

heat affects/weakens all epoxy bonds, just find someone that welds, it is not that hard to do,..

or try the JB weld, and let us know how it works,..

JB weld is some badass shit. I think if you bead blasted the mating surfaces it would be worth a shot. Just mask off the rest of the cover and give it a try. I'm a 4th year Mechanical Engineering at the old GMI (now Kettering U.) student and have used JB weld with great sucess over the years.

Worst case it comes off and you get it welded on later.

just my .02 c

49gmc