OEM Trigger group Suck?

If you were going to use the new skeleton stock that does NOT require mods would you still want a new trigger group?

I bought the Tromix FCG from Mississippi Auto Arms, intending to swap the hammer from it for the factory hammer to make mine 922®-compliant for hi-cap mags. I'm intending to keep mine with the factory stock, though I'd consider the skeleton stock if I had confirmation that the factory iron sights can still be used when the cheek piece is folded down.

Yes,you can use the iron sites with the cheek pad rotated out of the way.Rotate it in place and it puts you in position to use optics.It is ok, but if you ever plan on the conversion to pistol grip I would save the money on the skeleton stock and go pistol grip.If you are left handed you will have to modify the cheek piece to lock in place(simply cut a notch) for left hand use.It only has locking notches for right hand users.If you have large hands it will feel a little tight, imho.The length of pull is about 1.50 inch shorter than the standard Saiga buttstock or about 1.25 longer than the ak stock.

I just did 90% of my conversion tonight, I could have done it faster, but I wanted to savor it

The trigger Group is pretty easy, the hardest part i thought was cutting the square holes for the pistol grip, but it wasn't really that hard.

A Big +1 Thanks To Nalioth for convincing me to do the conversion myself. It is so much fun and you learn so much about the gun. heck, I even pushed down the little spring button at the front gas tube and unscrewed the Cartridge power selector and saw the gas ports! heck I saw all 3 of em. 2 are halfway on the edge of the tube port,

....the point is it may seem like greek, until you get the gun in your hands and take it apart and DO THE MODS!!

I also have to recommend the 3/16" Cobalt drill bit, worked like a charm and drilled through everything, Twice! I got mine on sale at Lowe's last week for 1/4 price (on sale) also picked up those little black hole plugs, 3/16" Nylon in the specialty hardware drawers.(the smallest size they sell).

I am kinda a newbie myself, but I didn't want to cut-off the cast tang that bolts to the stock top, so I am opting for a AR type stock with an AK adapter, The apapter is 14.99 and the AR 4 position stock clone (US made) is 29.99 add on a rubber pad for 12.99 and you are in business. no folding, but is is adjustable length

I like these guys, fast shipping too

http://www.tickbitesupply.com/stocks.html

and BTW good instructions are here

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/Step_6.htm

the ones that come with the trigger group are replacement, not conversion

GG

Edited by Gas Giant