Winchoke in S-12

I cut my S-12 back to 18.5" (19" from bolt face), and threaded it for the Winchoke units. The gun seems happy with this arangement, and I definitely am. Plus, there are so many varieties of tubes from 'Spreaders' to 4X-Full to Rifled for sabots. Some are flush and some are extended and ported. Nice cool factor! ;)

post-2-1101676091.jpg

Edited by SLUF

yeh i did that to my first saiga12 I bought a few years ago, then turned around and sold it for a bit more than i invested in it. I didnt get a chance to try the xfull chokes or the ported turkey chokes on it. let us know how it works out for ya, and show us what it looks like. I bet it looks BAD ASS with a ported turkey choke on there.

I used a carbide reamer from a local gun shop where I help out on a regular basis, and the Winchoke tap was nitrided, so wear was very marginal. Whole reaming/threading process took about 3.5 hrs. To me it was worth the effort.

As to price, the tubes range from $17.95 up to $100, depending upon the brand and type of tube (ie flush, extended, ported, extended and ported, rifled (for sabots), even adjustable like a Poli choke). :P

post-2-1101676132.jpg

Edited by SLUF