Which .308 Mags Should I Get ???

I'm adding a 21.8" .308 Saiga but having trouble deciding what magazines to get. I cannot afford everything I'd like to get so how about some feedback from "wise" ones :unsure:

No issue regarding hunting (2 shot). I'm not looking to chop it up, instead focusing on target / long range greetings.

I'm curious how much weight is added with a full 25rd mag in 308. I'm looking for the best balance, feel, and handling.

Even in a SHTF environment, I doubt that a few extra rounds is going to make much difference when packing my backup mags, etc.

If used on the bench (or prone), what size mags are too big to manuver freely.

Not sure yet concerning a bipod; with a wood foreend I'm left with clampon bipods :blink:

The choices are: 25rd, 20rd, 15rd, 10rd, 8rd, 5rd.

Any other factors that you can think of... please let me know.

Look forward to hearing what some folks on here have to recommend :up:

Cheers, HarvKY

I'm adding a 21.8" .308 Saiga but having trouble deciding what magazines to get. I cannot afford everything I'd like to get so how about some feedback from "wise" ones :unsure:

No issue regarding hunting (2 shot). I'm not looking to chop it up, instead focusing on target / long range greetings.

I'm curious how much weight is added with a full 25rd mag in 308. I'm looking for the best balance, feel, and handling.

Even in a SHTF environment, I doubt that a few extra rounds is going to make much difference when packing my backup mags, etc.

If used on the bench (or prone), what size mags are too big to manuver freely.

Not sure yet concerning a bipod; with a wood foreend I'm left with clampon bipods :blink:

The choices are: 25rd, 20rd, 15rd, 10rd, 8rd, 5rd.

Any other factors that you can think of... please let me know.

Look forward to hearing what some folks on here have to recommend :up:

Cheers, HarvKY

I have a brand new 20 rounder if you want it.

Thanxs kempo,

I'm trying to finalize what and how many I can afford to get thrown in with the initial weapons purchase - getting a little bit off in the total deal :xmas:

I'll definitely keep you in mind. I'm still trying to learn all the site rules/etiquite, so it would be great if you could quote a price [either in a reply, PM , or in the For Sale thread]*

*whatever best conforms to the site guidelines

Thanx again for the feedback :up:

Anyone else have any experience or comments about the best 308 mag size & weight for standing and/or bench, prone use? :unsure:

Cheers, HarvKY

Edited by HarvKY

I also like the factory 8's. They can be modified to hold 10 but I have never done that. It is a good workhorse mag for field and range. Where I hunt with rifle, I can use 10 round mags so I do not need the 5's.

After that I like the 20's and keeping things fairly compact. 20 vs 25 is not a big deal, being able to do smooth mag changes is.

Edited by Zoub