New TAPCO Fusion folding stock

TAPCO has a new folding stock out. Has anyone check one out yet? The old folding stock was a PITA to unfold. I modified one of the old design so that the stock wouldn't rise to fully lock in the folded position but the new stock is advertised to be easy opening.

Update: I was looking at the TAPCO site and the folding stock may not be new, just part of the "Fusion" stock set including the folding stock hand guard and grip. When I bought my folding stock, the seller said it was the old style..... so I keep looking for a new design.

Edited by sw44

If it's an old style you may have a plastic pin like the one I had on mine. It broke the first time I took it to the range. I called Tapco the following day and they sent me steel pin which arrived in three days. The guy at Tapco told me they did away with the plastic pin because it broke too easily.

I like to see them make a folding T-6 stock.

Edited by uzitiger

Do you mean this folder??

I think this one looks great!

any have any luck with it?

they seem to be sold out!

Black anyway.

TAPCO has a new folding stock out. Has anyone check one out yet? The old folding stock was a PITA to unfold. I modified one of the old design so that the stock wouldn't rise to fully lock in the folded position but the new stock is advertised to be easy opening.

Update: I was looking at the TAPCO site and the folding stock may not be new, just part of the "Fusion" stock set including the folding stock hand guard and grip. When I bought my folding stock, the seller said it was the old style..... so I keep looking for a new design.

post-9483-1206754525_thumb.jpg

I have one of the Tapco folders on an AK-47, and to be honest I'm not too impressed with it. The stock broke at the hinge when it was carelessly knocked off the bench and hit the ground. Also the e-clamp that retains the pin and spring in the hinge was lost in the same occurrence and I haven't been able to properly reattach the stock. I managed to glue the stock back together with some high strength epoxies but I haven't gotten to put the whole thing back together yet. On another note the stock is almost two inches longer than the standard synthetic stock that Tapco offers so if you are going for a shorter length or like shorter length rifles or you have short arms I might take that into consideration.

This is not a negative review against Tapco in any way. I didn't try to send it back for replacement as I had already tried to fix it myself before I ever even considered sending it back. I have never before had any issues with anything Tapco has ever sent me and they have always given the best of customer support in my book.

Gilgamesh

I have one of the Tapco folders on an AK-47, and to be honest I'm not too impressed with it. The stock broke at the hinge when it was carelessly knocked off the bench and hit the ground. Also the e-clamp that retains the pin and spring in the hinge was lost in the same occurrence and I haven't been able to properly reattach the stock. I managed to glue the stock back together with some high strength epoxies but I haven't gotten to put the whole thing back together yet. On another note the stock is almost two inches longer than the standard synthetic stock that Tapco offers so if you are going for a shorter length or like shorter length rifles or you have short arms I might take that into consideration.

This is not a negative review against Tapco in any way. I didn't try to send it back for replacement as I had already tried to fix it myself before I ever even considered sending it back. I have never before had any issues with anything Tapco has ever sent me and they have always given the best of customer support in my book.

Gilgamesh

I would have called Tapco and had them send me a new one.

Edited by uzitiger

Yes Gas Giant, thats the stock. Mine has a steel pin that the stock rotates on with an c clip holding it all together. The design is pretty good except for two things. When it is folded, it makes operation of the saftey and bolt carrier harder. The other thing is getting it open. You really have to push it down hard to get it unlocked and swinging to the open position. I have an Ace folder for my Daewoo rifle that is sweet. (and expensive) It has a similar locking mechanism but when the stock is folded, the spring pressure gently presses it against the side of the rifle. When you want it open, you just swing it out against the mild spring pressure and it locks solidly open. You really have to play with them both to appreciate the difference.