Saiga 762x39 forsale at local pawn shop

I went to a local pawn shop today....they had a Saiga 762x39 for sale...it had the aftermarket Saiganov style stock..plus several mags/scope mount with cheap scope....the asking price was $450.00...just would like some imput on if thats a fair price...to me seems a little pricey..but not an expert in that area...would appreciate..any imput....

Overpriced. NIB X39 = 290, The unconverted Thumbhole stock = $75. Siderail scope mount $30, Cheap scope $20 Mags? Depends. US made or Foreign surplus?

290+75+30+20 = 415 + mags for a used gun that you'll end up converting and throwing away the stock that it came with?

AND if the scope mount is not side-mounted, then it's going to suck and you'll get a side mount anyway.

IMO You'd be better off with a NEW one and customizing it the way you want.

• 3 weeks later...

I often run into overpriced pawn shop guns. The only time I saw a reasonably priced gun was a S-12 at a Lawrenceberg, Indiana pawn shop which wanted $340 for it with an expensive muzzle brake. I've seen Yugo SKS rifles selling for $200 at the time AIM Surplus sold them for $99. I've read other members getting great deals at pawn shops so it's a combination of luck and timing for great deals.

On the other hand it's a pawn shop. Pull out $300 in cash. Offer it to them & be prepared to walk out if they won't deal. In my experience most pawn shops will deal on guns. If they are asking 450, they will generally go down to 400 at least.