I have a trigger sear group not resetting properly help please

As i said before I have a Tapco single hook hammer trigger sear group that is not setting properly. I have never fired this weapon yet in fact it is not even finished being built but I noticed that if I cycle the bolt the hammer and trigger will reset properly or so it would seem. If I cycle the bolt with the trigger pulled back the sear does not catch the hammer and the hammer will follow the bolt. This is bad very bad and I want to know if anyone has ever had to deal with this issue before and how to fix it.

Gilgamesh

Did you install the disconnector spring? It's not included with the G2 FCG and needs to be switched from the original FCG. Without it there's nothing to put tension on the disconnector to cause it to catch the hammer with the trigger still held back.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't replied but I hadn't gotten to play with this project for a little while. But I found that the trigger hole actually sits .020 inches too low in the receiver and I think that is what is causing the problem. I have another flat that I bent and my Saiga 20 for reference and the trigger from my Saiga 20, also a Tapco G2 has the same problem in this receiver. All in all I think for safetys sake and legalities sake I'm going to scrap this receiver and bend another one. The other flat I bent (an AK builder flat) with my homemade jig came out nice and the holes all came out perfectly but the Tapco flat didn't seem to like the jig or I screwed up somewhere in the process. Anyways thanks for the help guys I do appreciate it.

Gilgamesh