Hopefully this is the right place to post this,

1. I have a saiga 12 that needs to become a SBS, I also have 3 krinks that are pistols for now but would like to put in my paper work convert them into SBRs. Is there any reason I shouldnt submit all 4 forms at once (one trip to the sherrifs)

2. Does anyone know if I print off the forms online and they are single sided will they be accepted?

3. I had a CR license and received the renewal form a couple of months ago but due to a pipe bursting I forgot to get it in and it expired on April 1st. I will be mailing it in tomorrow has anyone else been late with their renewal? Should I wait to get my CR FFL license back before sending in the form 1s?

4. On the form 1 they ask for my FFL # should I use my CR FFL or is that only for type 1 FFLs?

Sorry about the questions, I have been sitting on these krinks for over 2 years and with my # coming up at Tromix and the threat of the demos coming into office I need to get this ball rolling now..... Hopefully the sheriff will sign for these he is the middle of a re-election.

Thanks

Russ

Edited by russm4a3

1. I have a saiga 12 that needs to become a SBS, I also have 3 krinks that are pistols for now but would like to put in my paper work convert them into SBRs. Is there any reason I shouldnt submit all 4 forms at once (one trip to the sherrifs)

2. Does anyone know if I print off the forms online and they are single sided will they be accepted?

3. I had a CR license and received the renewal form a couple of months ago but due to a pipe bursting I forgot to get it in and it expired on April 1st. I will be mailing it in tomorrow has anyone else been late with their renewal? Should I wait to get my CR FFL license back before sending in the form 1s?

4. On the form 1 they ask for my FFL # should I use my CR FFL or is that only for type 1 FFLs?

Sorry about the questions, I have been sitting on these krinks for over 2 years and with my # coming up at Tromix and the threat of the demos coming into office I need to get this ball rolling now..... Hopefully the sheriff will sign for these he is the middle of a re-election.

Thanks

Russ

My thoughts......

1) From what I know the Form 4 is for a transfer of a Title II item from dealer to an individual. I think you need a Form 1 which is to manufacture said SBS you want. Yes, you can submit all forms in the same envelope with ONE check for the total amount of tax stamps your applying for.

2) the atf web sight has the forms and they'll even mail them to you . They have to be double sided or from what I understand they WILL kick it back due to the paper reduction thing they have going on.

3 & 4) Clueless....never dealt with that issue.

MCASgt is absolutely correct about double sided---if you print your forms single side they WILL get kicked back...just print one side and then flip it over in the printer and print side two (if your printer won't do double sided on it's own...) if you don't want to just order them from ATF...

As for the C&R FFL # on the forms---I've seen guys put it on there but it doesn't seem to help or hurt...guess it's just if you want to put it on then go ahead---the only time that I would think it would be "required" would be if you were buying a transferable C&R NFA item without using a dealer...

Don't think a C&R is required by federal law in order to get a class III firearm, but some states DO require you have one in order to legally possess that firearm, regardless if the gun is on the C&R list or not. It is that way in MO.

Submit them all at once. ONE set of FP cards and ONE "citizenship" form. All forms 4 or forms 1 if YOU are the manufacturer must have CLEO signature and each form must have a picture.

Single sided WILL be rejected! Print off and run through a copier, making them double sided. Also gains a waterproof form. Inkjet stuff is NOT waterproof and is unsuitable.

Doesn't matter.

Nope, that is only for an 01 or 07, not 03 C&R. EXCEPTION is when transferring a MG to an owner in a C&R state like MI used to be.

Edited by MickeyMouse
If your C&R expired, theres nothing you can do with the old one. You will have to apply for a new one like you did 3 years ago. There is no "grace period" for renewing an expired one.

Thank you, I couldnt find the answer to that one anywhere. Thank you everyone for the responses. Now to get the CLEO to sign them off....