UltraDot Pan AV

Hi,

I'm posting this here cause the Saiga 12 is the cousin of the the VEPR 12 I'm about to buy.I think that a Red Dot scope is ideal for all this practical shooting and fun stuff I'm about to do.I am looking for a good quality scope in a logical price.From all I've seen I think the best is the EOTech stuff and next comes the Aimpoint IMO.Both of them are very expensive for my budget.One that is of high quality and good price is the UltraDot Pan AV that costs about $150.A link for those who want to see Here .I wanted one with a slim style window and not the classic tube one.I know some of you people ha the russian Cobra but I think the VEPR 12 don't have a side rail to mount it.I'd like to know if any of you people have any experience with the Pan AV or know the quality of any other UltraDot product.Thanks :)

There is a Kobra red dot that mounts on picattiny - weaver rails and Vepr has it on the top cover. The ultradot you say looks good but the fame and good feedback given by all the members here for the Kobra makes me believe it is best value for money. Do a little search on the forums. You will find many sugestions as to what red dot people prefer.

Whatmanual can you please specify what are the diferencies between Gen1 Gen2 and Gen3 Kobra sights?

Thank you

I have the classic "tube" Kolimator from Belomo if remember correctly.

post-5578-1207648937_thumb.jpg

Be careful with the much cheaper red dots they are all chinese imitations . They are not strongly built.

I wouldn't trust them for the recoil of a 12 gauge plus the optics suck, they don't compare to Bellarussian.

Don't remember if Vepr 12 has the side plate but it's very easy to put one in place if you have the spares.

My 2c

Hi,

I'm posting this here cause the Saiga 12 is the cousin of the the VEPR 12 I'm about to buy.I think that a Red Dot scope is ideal for all this practical shooting and fun stuff I'm about to do.I am looking for a good quality scope in a logical price.From all I've seen I think the best is the EOTech stuff and next comes the Aimpoint IMO.Both of them are very expensive for my budget.One that is of high quality and good price is the UltraDot Pan AV that costs about $150.A link for those who want to see Here .I wanted one with a slim style window and not the classic tube one.I know some of you people ha the russian Cobra but I think the VEPR 12 don't have a side rail to mount it.I'd like to know if any of you people have any experience with the Pan AV or know the quality of any other UltraDot product.Thanks :)

Well, I already have the PK-01 but I'd like an open design one.From what I've heard here the Kobra is a guaranteed option, but again is kinda pricy for me.I've seen that Kabacan from Ebay sells a similar one from BelOmo for $145, I don't want to give more than $150 right now for a red dot.Take a look here. I got the POSP 8x42 from him for my .410

Maybe I'll mount the one I already have 'till I finally decide.Thank you all for the replies, I'll let you know with the results :P Btw does anybody knows if the VEPR carries a Weaver or a Picatinny?

If it's Belomo it's quality but be careful that is designed for shotgun . From what I could see in his e-bay store it's advertised for arbalist use.

By the way I checked that I have the PK A kolimator. You gave feed to my curiosity and I'll go check tomorrow in my local shop in Ukraine if that particular model is available

since I think I've seen that before. Strange if it wasn't Belomo I could have sweared it's Chinese...

Well, I already have the PK-01 but I'd like an open design one.From what I've heard here the Kobra is a guaranteed option, but again is kinda pricy for me.I've seen that Kabacan from Ebay sells a similar one from BelOmo for $145, I don't want to give more than $150 right now for a red dot.Take a look here. I got the POSP 8x42 from him for my .410

Maybe I'll mount the one I already have 'till I finally decide.Thank you all for the replies, I'll let you know with the results :P Btw does anybody knows if the VEPR carries a Weaver or a Picatinny?

Check this out. http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/GunTech/N...p;t=2&i=558

You can take a look at the Vepr here. http://www.near-east-agency.gr/2A17AE60.el.aspx

You are Greek aren,t you? Why complain? ;) So am I thats why I gave you this link. :smoke:

Well, I wasn't.It's just funny you gave me a Greek site.BTW this is the importer of these shotguns for Greece, I'm gonna buy mine from him.

Edited by Phattonic