First gen mags

if by First gen mags you mean original factory equipment, then I would say NOTHING!

you should not expect any problems at all... they should feed and function just fine.

If you mean larger capacity mags... maybe this will help?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=24880

:smoke:

I had first gen mags,..

Oh wait,.. if Indy is right and you aren't talking about 10 rounders,..

stop reading,..

the 1st thing you have to look out for is the silver metal clips at the top, these are not tempered spring steel and should be replaced with Black spring tempered steel mag "Lips"!!

if this is taken are of it should be as simple as "are they black, or silver" I think you can get the black ones for free, or at least you used to be able to,,...

Next item,.. the followers, cut a little less than 1/4" inch off the front and sand smooth also front to back dims on 1st gen mags is about +.005 more than 2nd gen so shortening from fron to back in a nice smooth way might be nice,..

lastly do not make the mistake of putting Graphite on your mag parts, Mine worked great while testing, but then at the range,,..in the sun they LOCKED UP when loading,...even though they cycled just fine,,,

FWIW,...(for what it's worth)

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry220272

Edited by Gas Giant
I had first gen mags,..

Oh wait,.. if Indy is right and you aren't talking about 10 rounders,..

stop reading,..

the 1st thing you have to look out for is the silver metal clips at the top, these are not tempered spring steel and should be replaced with Black spring tempered steel mag "Lips"!!

if this is taken are of it should be as simple as "are they black, or silver" I think you can get the black ones for free, or at least you used to be able to,,...

Next item,.. the followers, cut a little less than 1/4" inch off the front and sand smooth also front to back dims on 1st gen mags is about +.005 more than 2nd gen so shortening from fron to back in a nice smooth way might be nice,..

lastly do not make the mistake of putting Graphite on your mag parts, Mine worked great while testing, but then at the range,,..in the sun they LOCKED UP when loading,...even though they cycled just fine,,,

FWIW,...(for what it's worth)

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry220272

Thanks, I'm talking about the aftermarket 10 rouders, some are mark second gen, and I just got one that is not and I assume to be the previous gen.