Has anybody tried to use this type of muzzle device?

muzzle.jpg

If the diameter at the base was sufficient (and it appears to be quite large) you could weld shut the existing pin slot, file to shape, drill out the ID at the rear ofthe brake to the Saiga's diameter at the sight base, drill two new pin slots, recut the slot for the correct width of the sight base and install...

Anybody tried it?

I bet a quality press fit/pin on muzzle device made especially or the .308 Saiga would sell well.

Edited by AZHellfish

That's just a tacticoooool muzzle device for folks who can't thread their barrels, etc.

The design of it doesn't work really well for any actual purpose. It makes a good muzzle weight, though.

You won't gain anything from using it on a Saiga, as it will be an additional part towards your total parts count.

http://www.dinzagarms.com/brakes_hiders/74brake.html

Email Dinzag, I bought a press-on version of this brake and love it. It has set screws on the underside, but I didn't even bother tightening them. If you give him your barrel OD, he'll make it fit.

HUGE reduction in recoil, I had no idea how effective this style actually is.