hey guys i decided that i want to go the tapco original AK style stock with the tapco saw grip.

Now is this just a bolt on project or do i have to make some modifications. Im pretty new to the saiga world. Im a mechanic so i consider my self to be pretty handy with tools and fab. Just trying to see what is involved. Thanks guys

from what ive gathered putting the pistol grip is going to be a little project but not too much. I went through the tutorial for the conversion a couple times. Im still a little shaky about some parts. So basically you have to move the trigger group forward? to make room for the pistol grip and drill new holes for the pistol grip bolt/mount of the gun doesnt have the original military holes? or something like that?

what about stocks are those a pretty much drop in case?

from what ive gathered putting the pistol grip is going to be a little project but not too much. I went through the tutorial for the conversion a couple times. Im still a little shaky about some parts. So basically you have to move the trigger group forward? to make room for the pistol grip and drill new holes for the pistol grip bolt/mount of the gun doesnt have the original military holes? or something like that?

That is how the conversion goes.

The stocks are completely interchangeable.

That is how the conversion goes.

The stocks are completely interchangeable.

So i can just buy a regular AK stock? does it matter it wether there for a stamped or milled receiver? because some stocks state that in the description. Just making sure i get the right information before i go off and start modding the rifle.

So i can just buy a regular AK stock? does it matter it wether there for a stamped or milled receiver? because some stocks state that in the description. Just making sure i get the right information before i go off and start modding the rifle.
As has been asked and answered dozens of times here before, Saigas use stamped receiver construction.