bayonet mount?

I cut off the barrel band and sling attachment from an M1 Bayonet mount. These usually sell for about $10. I had one laying around. It's an excellent tight fit, but did not mar the barrel (I sanded the inside smooth). I need to drill and tap it for a set screw. A bit of expoxy would work instead. I spray painted it black after the photo.

The Becker is the BK9, the 'combat bowie' The firearm and knife is my rabbit hunting package... the big becker sometimes needed to chop my way into a thicket to recover a downed rabbit. Camillus/Becker are trying hard to get a new, less slippery handle to market, using micarta, I think.

The project was just for fun, after reading the posts about putting a mount on this excellent and cheap shotgun. I'm happy a couple of you approve!

post-4-1102748373.jpg

M1 I should have known, I knew it looked famaliar. I got to come up with something now, I want to mount my Bulgarian ak bayonet, it has the ribbed black handle so it will match my saiga. (I know its ridiculous but I gotta have it that way)

Those BK&T's are a great deal, certainly not a busse or randall but in the $40-60 range they are hard to beat and quite capable. A bit of sandpaper will give the handle a bit more stick but it looks like hell.

Edited by chris410

Of course an AK bayo would just look better. But the mount is so damn easy the way I have it.

What I am going to try is this (I buy-sell-trade-collect knives and work on some of them a bit): Modify an AK bayo to fit the M1 mount.

Pretty busy right now, time is the one thing we all never have enough of, right? But when I get it together, I'll post a pic.