Okay, in response to the thread about spare firing pins, extractors etc. Since nobody really knows the answer as far as I can tell, I e-mailed RAA and thought I'd post the response FYI.

"Hi Donald, Thank you for your interest in our products. Currently we do not have replacement parts for all of our products. It is something that we are trying to rectify. In the past the factory has made us choose between parts and products. Naturally we take the products. But we have parts on order and are hoping to have a supply of parts to make available. Here is an accessory dealer that will carry the parts as they become available. If you have a specific need then e-mail this company and they would ask me to make the part available. Sometimes I can find a part and sometimes I can't. I hope to have parts by mid to late summer. Here is the web site-- www.SaigaStock.com

Clyde Woods / Sales & Marketing / RAAC"

Original Message

Dear RAA,

Can you tell me where, and at what cost a replacement firing pin, extractor, and extractor spring can be ordered for a Saiga 7.62X39? Thank you.

Sincerely,

Donald

That's pretty shitty. I understand that they're in the business of selling stuff, but if the parts aren't available he should have told you what you can use in the mean time. If I were you, I'd take the firing pin out and give K-var a call. There tech department is pretty good and has been able to measure parts and give me specs in the past. I'm sure that if you call them up and tell them what it looks like, overall length, etc. they'll be able to hook you up as well as tell you exactly what gun the parts are coming from.