Myself, I would want the short throw/reset trigger for one. After that, the extra tab on the safety so it can be manipulated from the pistol grip, a Polychoke or fitted with tubes (Polychoke preferred), and a Galil style cocking handle, unless you're gonna use the side rail for optic mounting. Personally, I would put optics, if wanted, forward over the gas tube. I have an extended mag release, but most of the time forget to use it.

Of course, it's a given the gun is converted to pistol grip configuration.

Just MHO

Optics, your in the open division you might as well have an optic mount either a Cobra Rail or you can get off cheap like I did with a barrel mount, which allows the use of iron sights.

• 2 months later...

Ditto on the polychoke and optic. I tried a ATN (C-More look alike) over the gas tube but found it to be too high and instead reconfigured with a Aimpoint wanna be. The Saiga runs in Open division in my area because of the mag so the optic is free. I haven't found the need for the short reset trigger since you're rarely taking more than one shot at a target anyway and the time it takes to reset the trigger is much less then getting on the next target..........IMHO.

Good trigger, RemChokes, short gas system to cyle ultra-light loads, muzzle brake, and heads-up style optic.

Most guys also want the folder, for those tight stages like busses and outhouses.