A couple questions before I order conversion parts.

This is what I plan on purchasing:

Tapco-

1. G2 single hook FCG

2. Pistol grip screw and bushing

3. Screw set

4. Shepherds crook

ACE-

5. Internal receiver block

6. Folding skeleton stock

IOINC-

7. Master molder/trumold mags

AIM-

8. CAA adjustable pistol grip

________________________________________________________________________________

_________

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the plan for now. A few questions though.

1. Will the CAA grip work with the Tapco screw/bushing set?

2. Will master molder mags work WITH a bullet guide? I know they'll work without one, but I still plan to get one installed in case I run into a good deal on regular AK mags.

3. I'm on the fence about the stock length.. I was thinking about going 9.5" with a 1" recoil pad. I want it to be shorter than the OG Saiga stock, but i'm a pretty big dude being 6'6"@250lbs.. I just don't know, maybe I should go with a 8.5" stock with 1" recoil pad..

4. 922r should be good to go with the above, correct? FCG is 3 parts, and mags are 3 parts putting me at 8 foreign parts total. If I run into some regular AK mags to use, i'll pick up a gas piston and maybe some mag followers to be safe for the time being.

I haven't picked out a set of handguards because I plan to go the SBR route, thus negating 922r.. I've yet to research all the handguard options.

Sorry for the semi-ramble..

Thank you for your time.

John

AK screw set is unecessary. The only screw you'll need is one to hold the trigger guard in place. Spend 20 cents at your local hardware store. Throw that bad boy on with a nut and some locktite, and file it down flush with the nut. If you're concerned about looks, the pistol grip will cover the screw and nut.

Adding another question.. The ACE buttstock is another 922r part, correct?

Yes. The ACE folding buttstock is US made and counts as one compliance part.

A stock Saiga has 14 foreign parts.

14 - 3 (tapco G2 group) - 3 (molder magazine) - 1 (ACE folder) = 7 < 10 required minimum for non-sporting semi-automatic rifle with detachable magzine.

You are waaaaaaaaaaay in the green. Hell, you could use imported magzines and still be good to go.

Excellent..

Now I just need to know this before jumping in.

1. Will the CAA grip work with the Tapco screw/bushing set?

2. Will master molder mags work WITH a bullet guide?

I'm thinking about getting those specific mags due to cost, but don't want to waste money on them if they can't be used with a bullet guide. I assume they work fine with one, but it's just speculation on my part. I'd also like to pick up a couple 47 rounders.

doh!

Just realized that your PG won't count as a compliance part. CAA products are made in Israel. However, you'll still be good for 922r as long as you continue to use US made mags. If you want foreign mags, you could always change out your gas piston, or if you don't want to gunsmith your bolt carrierer assembly, you can throw on a handguard. To go cheap, get the Tapco Galil hanguard....it'll look great with a folding stock. Mileage varies, however...some folks here love it, others hate it.