Hornady 00 Buckshot 2 3/4 1633 FPS

I just got done testing different kinds of buckshot out of my 8" Tromix sbs. This ammo come in second with a 17" group at 25 yards Fedral law enforcement low recoil come in first at 7 1/2" to 8" groups at 25 yards. It would probable group good with a standard 19" inch barrel thou I plan on trying it out of a 19" saiga soon.

Hello

I picked up a case for about $50 cheaper from an ammo dealer in Oklahoma that advertises on GunBroker. I got that link from a member here who posted it about a month ago.

They have Federal low-recoil and full-power slugs and buck, Hornady TAP slugs and buck, it's like a candy store for S12 owners!

Another place with an intriguing variety: http://ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/index.php

OrRedbeard, did you test Federal "low-recoil" against "full-power" shells? I have a feeling the "full-power" Hydra-Shok stuff may be some pretty awesome H/D loads.

Don't tell me I need "low-recoil" stuff in my home, it's brick and Hardi-Plank (pretty much bullet-resistant concrete siding) and I hope to liquify any SOB I have to pull on. :devil:

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

I didn't have any full power fedral buck shot. I do have both full and low recoil slugs I have not got to test them yet. I am not done testing the buckshot, but think the low recoil will work fine if I need to use it. From what I have read the low recoil can penetrate more than the full power loads because they don't deform as much. I myself have no problem handling max power 3" loads but I would rather know how the load I am using will preform. I think the hornady would work great in my house as the shots would be much less than 25 yards, and will pattern fine for the close quarters. I think the slugs will work fine low recoil or full power. Use what ever you want, just make sure it all cycle fine, the low recoil stuff don't cycle on 1 so I have to put it on 2 in my gun.