Did most of the conversion today!

So far I did the bullet guide and trigger group conversion.

I have to say it's pretty straightforward, but here's a few things I learned.

A Dremel with cutoff wheel is your best friend and almost mandatory to grind down those rivet heads. Makes quick work of an otherwise PITA procedure.

I went ahead and put the bolt hold open lever back in. I think that alone counted for at least HALF the time it took. Once I figured out to use an opposing drill bit to keep the coil spring in place, things finally came together. Make note however, the short end of the spring goes toward the BACK, otherwise it catches on the safety lever and won't work. Dinzag has a good diagram showing the position.

I had to reshape my trigger guard for a more squared off profile to make it solid in the mag release. Some time with a hammer and vise got that worked out.

The drill/tap was actually very easy. I started with a VERY small drill bit for a pilot hole, then did the rest with the included bit. I didn't have a tap handle, so I improvised with an adjustable wrench. Worked pretty well actually! Like everyone sugested, get the threads to bite a little, then just roll it in about 1/16 a turn every time, backing it out slightly to clear the cuts. Took all of 10 minutes. Oh, I also loctited the allen bolt.

So now I just need to get a bolt/nut for the finger guard, then look for a pistol grip and stock.

:super: