Just got new .223 and I want to get a scope to shoot at least up to 100 yards. I want to keep the standard stock and pay no more than $100 for the scope. Will the standard stock be a problem regarding eye reflief? Any suggestions? Thanks.

The scope shown in the link has the SVD mount and won't work on your saiga.If you go the russian optic route make sure it has the AK type mount as they can be had with either mount.Also the russian scopes are sometimes mounted slightly offset to the left of center.This bothers some people and doesn't work well if you shoot left handed.The russians also seem to prefer a higher scope mount and a more heads up type shooting position than we do.I have a 223 and bought a BP type side mount.These can be had in low(bp02 ) or high(bp01) version.It depends on how large of a scope you want to mount.You could use a shotgun or long eye relief scope if you really had problems with a regular type scope and the original buttstock.You cuold also go with a reddot scope if you don't need the magnification and will shoot less than say 200 yrds.It really depends on what you want to use the gun for.I want to use mine for range fun and a few coyotes.Good luck and you will like the saiga.