If you know were you can get a converted Saiga cheaper by all means get it. I dont see anyone crying about the $519 to $800 conversions from Atlantic Firearms or AK USA. Hell even if the conversion labor was free you still could not put together one of these anywere close to what you say not to mention the 4 mags + the parts for conversion + a K-Var mount that is almost $100 + the hard case. If you dont know what your talking about it is best to keep you mouth shut. :haha:

Hell even if the conversion labor was free you still could not put together one of these anywere close to what you say
ok, i will show you that i can put together a package for a good bit less, with links.

the gun, (download the catalog, on page 26) $149.99

the mags, (page 66 of cdnn's catalog) $9.99 ea.

a similar scope mount, for $39.97

conversion, $125 flat fee.

and a socped rifle case is about $20, so i was about $90 low, i cant help it is you overpayed, your problem, not ours.

If you dont know what your talking about it is best to keep you mouth shut.

you might take your own advice.

Ok emclean first you said $149 for the rifle so when I add the sales tax since CDNN is located in Texas wich is were I am located and then add the shipping and then add whatever a dealer charges me to order the rifle how much will it be? Second you said the mags are only $9.99 but you also forgot to mention the sales tax and shipping and the fact that they are on sale and more than likely will not be anywhere close to that price after a while. I paid over $30 each for two of mine and $28 for one that was old stock and still had the old price on it. Third you say you can get a similar mount for $39 and also forgot to add the shipping and tax and besides as you said it is a similar mount so I guess since I can buy an Oylimpic Arms Plinker (AR 15 copy) for $500 then that is all a real Colt AR 15 is worth since they are similar to each other what do you think? The mount is a K-Var mount and sells for $89.95 + shipping. As far as the conversion goes you may get the gunsmith to do the work for $125 but I doubt that includes the parts such as the FCG, the pistol grip, the pistol grip bolt, the pistol grip nut, and the stock. I have built TWO Saiga's before I purchased one that was already converted. I know about the cost of the conversion parts from my 7.62x39 Saiga conversion so lets talk about those expenses. The Tapco folding stock is $53 + tax from my FFL wich is not much more than if I had ordered one and paid shipping myself. Then there is the pistol grip wich was $15 shipped then the pistol grip bolt and nut wich was also about $15 shipped both from Gunbroker.com auctions. Then the FCG was $39 + shipping. Now were are you going to find someone to convert your Saiga for $125 when the parts alone are over $120? You talk a lot of crap but you dont know what you are talking about. By the way the first 7.62 conversion I did sold for $475 with only one mag no scope mount and no hard case. If you can build them that cheap I suggest you do it because you wont have any problem finding customers for $275 Saiga conversions with 4 mags, a K-Var mount, and a hard case to boot. Hell at that price I may even buy a few myself. You are correct emclean I did make a mistake the scope mount is a K-Var KV04S wich is $94.99 instead of the price listed as $89.95 wich is for the KV04 so I stand corrected the mount is higher than I listed it.

Edited by 1776-1976
It seems to me that any member in good standing here should be able to post

their items at whatever price they want. There's no need for anyone to come

along and stomp on their post. If ya don't like the price, just MOVE ON. Geez.

sure he can post what he wants, at the price he wants, and i can come in and point out that some one can do the same as what he is selling for less. or are you worried what i poted shows it would cost about $345 to make new what you are selling?

Ok emclean first you said $149 for the rifle so when I add the sales tax since CDNN is located in Texas wich is were I am located and then add the shipping and then add whatever a dealer charges me to order the rifle how much will it be?

about the same as it would be to buy your gun if i lived in Tx

Second you said the mags are only $9.99 but you also forgot to mention the sales tax and shipping and the fact that they are on sale and more than likely will not be anywhere close to that price after a while. I paid over $30 each for two of mine and $28 for one that was old stock and still had the old price on it.
no tax worries, most of us live in a diffrent state, and shipping would be very little if bought with the gun, but if you have each one shiped by it self, $5 tops..

The mount is a K-Var mount

and it is worth twice as much why?

As far as the conversion goes you may get the gunsmith to do the work for $125 but I doubt that includes the parts such as the FCG, the pistol grip, the pistol grip bolt, the pistol grip nut, and the stock.
OK you got me there it cast's extra for a stock, all other parts included.

You talk a lot of crap but you dont know what you are talking about.

check the link

Convert your Saiga AK-type shotgun to pistol grip configuration (includes US made fire control group and pistol grip, does NOT include buttstock) - $125

or serch for fire fly conversions here

If you think I am trying to rip someone off why dont you build some converted Saiga's to sell yourself (or pay firefly arms to biuld them for you)? I have not seen any cheap converted Saiga's new or used anywere. If someone wants to offer their converted Saiga cheaper than I am more power to them. Maybe you should start by building a few and selling them yourself. Myself I am not in the biusness of selling firearms so it really does not matter if my Saiga does not sale but if it does it will be for what I ask and not what you think the price should be.

Price seems ok to me. If you add in the labor, hell, he is losing money.

Some people would (and should) pay for a done gun than do it for themselves. Figure, you earn 60 bucks an hour, are you going to spend 5 hours doing the conversion, shopping ect. or jut pay someone for a complete ready to shoot package? Basic economics...thats why I pay someone to mow my grass, I make 120 bucks while paying him 20.

(CDNN shipping is 10 bucks, not 5., don't forget FFL fee, Drill bits, headaches)

I'm in for one of them $375 deals!

I guess part of the issue is trying to sella package deal. People see a big price tag and get scared, even if it's a good deal.

I guess I'm too much of a do-it-yourself-er to go for that type of conversion. Way I'd go about it is:

Saiga 410: $150 + $15 shipping + $20 FFL Fee = $185

Tapco Buttstock, P-grip and FCG: $100 + $15 Shipping = $115

Mags: 3 x $10 each (shipped free with shotgun) = $30

Scope Mount: $95 + $15 shipping = $110

Case: $20

So that adds up to $460 for all the parts, not factoring in that $30 for a Saiga 410 mag is an unfortunate ripoff. $40 is a freakin good price for conversion work. But I was liberally high with price estimates. I've paid as little as $25 shipped for a new FCG. Folding stocks can be had for $45 shipped by a few smaller dealers.

That said, I'd never sink that much into a scope mount for a shotgun. I'd recommend parting it out. People pay that much for a scope mount for a rifle, not a shotgun.

Posting a discussion on a for-sale thread is generally really bad form, so I apologize for that being the case. I'd just suggest offering a price geared to what people are willing to pay instead of what you paid. I regretfully must inform you that you were ripped off on a couple things, and in another case put pearls before swine. Also, try to factor in that your shotgun is USED, not new. On a current production item, expect instant depreciation to be high.

I guess I'm just a wierdo who can't imagine people NOT converting their own Saigas. My record time for P-grip conversion is 2hr. And $60/hr, well, wouldn't that be nice.

I have a 410 conversion in mind that would probably be worth a good $500 while costing me under $300, but it regretably wouldn't be marketable.

Edited by BattleRifleG3
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.