Hi guys... new to the forum. Just bought our new Saiga 7.62x39 last Friday and went and shot her Saturday. I'm in love!! I thought my SKS's were honeys, but this bad boy is just so much fun to shoot! Even my wife loves it (and she sure looks bad firing that rifle with that big ole fireball kissin' the sky!)

I have been doing a load of searching and not finding what I want which is a wood stock for my new puppy. I found this shot on the Izhmash website... and minus the scope it's just about what I'd like.

woodstockah9.jpg

Does anyone know a source for wood stocks for my caliber of Saiga? I hear tell that a forum member makes custom stocks (BattlerifleG3?)... but I can't find anything about pricing or inventory.

Can anyone help an old altar boy? :P

Thanks!

If you even remotely think you'll convert to the AK platform (or allowed to for that matter), might as well wait on the wood furniture. I kept my x39 stock for a whole year knowing I would eventually switch it, which I finished today actually.

You think she likes it now, wait until you get that pistol grip put on and a short buttstock.

You might drop BRG3 a PM to get the info you are looking for, and check Ironwood http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/2aprod/1zAKproduct.html for wooden AK furniture.

The stuff in the pic you posted usually goes with a Saiga .308. The stock would swap

okay but not sure if the hand guard would need mods due to the difference in barrels.

Folks occasionally wish to dispose of those .308 sets on the forum or auction sites.

You might drop BRG3 a PM to get the info you are looking for, and check Ironwood http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/2aprod/1zAKproduct.html for wooden AK furniture.

The stuff in the pic you posted usually goes with a Saiga .308. The stock would swap

okay but not sure if the hand guard would need mods due to the difference in barrels.

Folks occasionally wish to dispose of those .308 sets on the forum or auction sites.

Thanks for the responses, guys. Yeah, I've seen the .308 stock set for sale... but wasn't' sure about it fitting on my 7.62x39.

I actually walked through a rehearsal of a conversion last night (just didn't cut/drill or remove anything permanently) and I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to do. Actually it seemed like it would be a blast to do... but of course this is my one and only and if I blow it... I've blown it. :cryss:

There's just so much possible with this rifle. I love it!

BTW is there one definitive source for info on refinishing (or touching up) the receiver body? My new gun already has a few scratches and what looks like heat marks or rough spots. I'm a tad anal and really want her to shine! :lolol:

It's my understanding that the original finish is a heat resistant black paint, and that paint used on bbq gas grills works to touch up any bare spots.

Ironwood has wood stock sets for x39, but you'll need a new gas tube with retainers on it for the upper front, and a retainer for the lower handguard. I just got a 4 piece ironwood set installed and I got the hardware from Dinzag.

Edited by LKB3rd
It's my understanding that the original finish is a heat resistant black paint, and that paint used on bbq gas grills works to touch up any bare spots.

Ironwood has wood stock sets for x39, but you'll need a new gas tube with retainers on it for the upper front, and a retainer for the lower handguard. I just got a 4 piece ironwood set installed and I got the hardware from Dinzag.

Pictures? :xmas:

Pictures? :xmas:

Don't have them yet. My finishing 101 class should be done shortly, and I am going to post pics in the .308 pic thread when I can.