Ebay scope mount question?

True Story:

Guy brings over his Saiga x39. It has the mount from eastwave on it. He takes off the sight and lets me hold the gun, he puts the sight back on, tightens the lever, the mount at the lever attachment area literally breaks and just falls off.

I have the UTG. Fired 100+ .308 with it on, and 500+ X39. No problems. BUT you can get it alot cheaper than 39.99

http://cdnninvestments.com/aksiramoqude.html 29.99

Just because it's UTG, doesn't mean it's crap. I'll put mine up against anyone's BP-02 mount any day.

Same mount, think lower price even if shipping added in: http://eastwave.ca/products/scopes/mountsksak.html

BP02_low_rise.jpg

Not sure this one is as solid as the "Belarus BP-02" model?

You may want to ask around first. If it's as reliable, of course cheaper is better :)

Cheers, HarvKY

Without digging through a bunch of my stuff I can't confirm it's a BP-02 but I think it is. In other words, I have one and it is solid. Eastwave enjoys a deserved excellent reputation, and no matter where you can get an occasional rare lemon.

I have the UTG with screw mount rather than the quick detach lever on my S12. I have only put 125 round through it (all slug and 00 buck) and it still holds its zero.... maybe after more rounds and such it may go whacky doo on me but for now it seems fine for me.