A few last questions before I start converting

Hey guys, first I wanted to thank everybody for their help, especially MD, I had not seen the gunparts website, saved me some money on the mags.

I have all of the parts in transit to me at this time (thanks for shipping to the bullet guides so quick Dinzag). A couple of last minute questions:

1. To have the 7.62 take AK mags I have to file down the mag catch. Now, do I file the part that you push to release the mag OR the two metal posts/bracket that sticks out of the bottom of the receiver OR both. I know this is sorta of a stupid question, but I know once you file it down, it is not going back on.

2. What is the best way to add venting to the factory handguards. I was going to use the Tapco Galil Saiga specific handguards, but the vendor I ordered them from was out of them. After reading on the forum, it doesnt appear as they work that well anyway. What is the best way to vent them? I have a Dremel (well the black & decker version) and just want to make sure that I do it right and it looks good.

3. Does anyone know if I can paint the factory handguard to match the OD green Tapco T6 stock and SAW pistol grip? I am thinking I could sand it very lightly, coat it in primer and then paint it OD green to match, assuming that I can find the right shade.

4. Duplicolor black engine enamel is the best to match the factory finish after the conversion, correct?

Again, just wanted to say thank you to Agias, taurus, hoddog, CSS, biskitz & MD for their help earlier. Also, great products Dinzag cant wait to get them.

Hey guys, first I wanted to thank everybody for their help, especially MD, I had not seen the gunparts website, saved me some money on the mags.

I have all of the parts in transit to me at this time (thanks for shipping to the bullet guides so quick Dinzag). A couple of last minute questions:

1. To have the 7.62 take AK mags I have to file down the mag catch. Now, do I file the part that you push to release the mag OR the two metal posts/bracket that sticks out of the bottom of the receiver OR both. I know this is sorta of a stupid question, but I know once you file it down, it is not going back on. You file down the top of the catch. The part that the tab on the mag has to "click" over to lock in. I know someone posted pictures on here, to show people exactly where, but I'm not sure where they are. Go slow, and check for fit often.

2. What is the best way to add venting to the factory handguards. I was going to use the Tapco Galil Saiga specific handguards, but the vendor I ordered them from was out of them. After reading on the forum, it doesnt appear as they work that well anyway. What is the best way to vent them? I have a Dremel (well the black & decker version) and just want to make sure that I do it right and it looks good. Sorry, I don't have a steady hand or a dremel :D , so I'm not sure. I'm sure someone will chime in with a how-to, though.

3. Does anyone know if I can paint the factory handguard to match the OD green Tapco T6 stock and SAW pistol grip? I am thinking I could sand it very lightly, coat it in primer and then paint it OD green to match, assuming that I can find the right shade. I'd recommend Krylon Fusion spray paint. It's made to bond with plastic. No need for sanding or priming. If you can't find the exact match to your other parts, you could paint them all with the spray paint for a uniform color. Or just go with the method you stated.

4. Duplicolor black engine enamel is the best to match the factory finish after the conversion, correct? I heard that works great. I know there's other cheap/easy paints too.

Again, just wanted to say thank you to Agias, taurus, hoddog, CSS, biskitz & MD for their help earlier. Also, great products Dinzag cant wait to get them.