Went to a gun show down the road today.

There were more Saigas than I have seen before with some exceptions.

No .308s S-12s, or S-20s.

Plenty of .410s, x39s, and .223s.

Prices ranged from $275 for a RAA era x39 to $475 for a RAA x39.

None of the above was priced over $500.

One guy had a converted .308 with a scope and wanted $1000 for it.

I told him that was awful steep for a conversion anyone with a dremel and an IQ over 50 could do in a couple of hours.

He wasn't too appreciative of that.

Factory 5 rnd S-12 mags were $40!!!!!!!

Gen 2 AGPs were sold out at $55!

Hey, me too!

I didn't see as many Saigas as I did a few months ago at the same show, but there were still a few. .223 for $379, unmodified. Saw a x39 with a skeleton stock and 30-round mag for $769. I wasn't impressed, but it made me feel better about my toys not losing any value. :) I'm not sure if that x39 was converted or not...

I did see quite a few AK's of various makes and nationalities, and a few Romanian FPK/PSL "Dragunov" knockoffs - fortunately the sellers were NOT trying to pass them off as real Dragons, and had clearly marked them as Romanian and NOT as Dragunovs. They were priced from $800 to $950. I can't help myself; I want one.

I've just about got the wife convinced that guns are a solid investment. Those douchebags with their new AWB bill are making that a much easier sell. Money's tight right now, but she's given the tentative go-ahead for me to pick up an AK (I'm leaning toward the Bullpup configuration, just because it's so... different. And cheap, at $449 out the door. I got to try it out, and it didn't really feel awkward to me; maybe *I'M* the awkward one...). Down the line (but not TOO far down the line) I'll snag one of those PSLs.

I did pick up a nice-condition (well, for what it is) Mosin-Nagant M44 for $79 with the complete kit, and 880 rounds of 7.62x54R ammo to feed it (and to feed that PSL when it finds a home with me!)

All in all, there were very few deals there that I couldn't live without. I did walk away with a few extra 30-round mags for my Ruger P85 9mm. I don't really have any use for them, but the way things are headed, I figured I'd better grab them while I could, just BECAUSE I could...

What was it that guy said about us getting bitter and clinging to our guns? I'm already there, pal! :)

Mike

+1 on your findings thats about what i see at the nations gun show outside dc at the dullas convintion center, but i can usualy find at least 1-3 s-12 depending on the vendors. there is one vendor that always has at least 4 saigas on sat.