Who designed the BHO Spring?

I want to know because I want to draw and quarter him!! Actually the combo of the spring and the retainer plate/clips.

I've had the BHO spring and pin in and out about 20 times trying to get either a retaining plate on or the damn e-clips. First retaining plate went in fine, then the selector wouldn't seat. The damn plate was slightly off center of the hole and wouldn't align. Tried to force it and the plate broke at the front pin! Had to take it all apart including the hammer to get the plate remnants out. Then the second plate wouldn't seat on the rear pin. Kept popping out the pin and BHO spring. Then I couldn't figure out how to get an e-clip in such a tight spot up front. WTF I am pissed right now!! I've spent about 3-hrs trying to get this thing back together. May just have to go to the spring method unless someone has an e-clip trick.

On the BHO spring, why does the short leg HAVE to go to the rear? Damn thing keeps dropping into the slot for the BHO lever. Would be much easier with the long spring leg to the rear.

On top of the frustration of getting pwned by the BHO and pin, I've managed to put a few scratches all over my nice new Norrell's moly finish.

Edited by Rustynuts

Don't put the short leg to the back, like the OEM installation. Put the long leg rearward, but bend the leg in a dogleg downward fashion so it will clear the Safety shaft. Then just use a standard Shepherds crook pin retainer.

Tony

Rustynuts:

I know it is no consolation but this is exactly why I pay gunsmiths to do my work. Everyone here talks about how easy it is to convert; however, I would have beat the damn thing to pieces on the concrete driveway after 1 1/2 hours. My hat is off to all you talented guys indeed, it just ain't me. Hope things get better for you as there is a lot of help to be had on this board if do-it-yourself is your thing.

Don't put the short leg to the back, like the OEM installation. Put the long leg rearward, but bend the leg in a dogleg downward fashion so it will clear the Safety shaft. Then just use a standard Shepherds crook pin retainer.

Tony

Thanks, good to know! I've already got Cobra getting me the dimensions on his DIY Shepard's Crook jig. I was soooo close with the first retaining plate. That's why it was so frustrating for the ensuing 2-hrs of fiddling. It was all going together pretty smooth at first. Your DIY trigger went on without a hitch.