Question on Tromix modified Tapco FCG

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but the Tromix modified Tapco FCG is capable of fitting into a Saiga 12 with no further grinding/filing? Im about to start a S12 conversion and have read that the Tapco FCG needed to be filed down in a couple spots to keep it from getting hung up. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but the Tromix modified Tapco FCG is capable of fitting into a Saiga 12 with no further grinding/filing? Im about to start a S12 conversion and have read that the Tapco FCG needed to be filed down in a couple spots to keep it from getting hung up. Thanks.

I currently have a Tromix FCG in my S12 and it has functioned flawlessly with no mods from myself.

I am having trouble with trying to use the BHO. Do I need to change anything to use it. I compared the Tromix FCG and the Factory but the only difference I see is that there is a angle cut on the side of the hammer on the factory part. Any ideas?

I also just want to say thank you tony for the DIY trigger guard. I am so impressed with how easy it got me past the part that gave me the most concern. Now once I get the FCG in I am done.

Thanks Russ

What's the problem with the BHO?

The Tromix FCG should drop in and work fine with it.

Tony

It seems like ther is not enuf room for the BHO beside thr hammer. Do I need to grind the piece that the pin goes through on thr hammer? It looks like it is the same as the factory part. Maybe I just need to try again.

Thanks Russ

I don't know if you have a set of calipers, but your OEM hammer should be about 1.015" across the bosses. The Tromix hammer should be a bit less then that.

Tony

[/quo

Thanks for the fast replies Tony. I am sure I was just not "holding my mouth right" When I was test fiting everything in place. I will give it a quick check with the calipers and try again. Thank you again for your great products I would not have been able to tackle this with out you and this board.

Thanks Russ